Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Greater Chapter 1

Well I can say only one chapter in I already feel like this book is going to challenge me.  One of the sections in the 1st chapter talks about being comfortable and not going or doing any more with your life. As much as I love my comfortable life, I know in my heart thats not what God created me for. God wants me to be confident and courageous - empowered with His word. He wants me to be greater. Something that I realized from reading chapter 1 was that greater in not a destination... it's a journey. God wants me (us) to embrace that journey.

Pg 14 "And it's important to embrace the journey, because the destination is a mirage."

That really gave me an image.  We are never done concerning our work for the kingdom. Because once we get to where we thought we were going, we are ready to go to another level of responsibility.  God just gives us bite size pieces to chew on at a time, so that we don't get overwhelmed. 

Enjoy your Journey today, because tomorrow may bring another.

Blessings,
Lynn

No comments: