Philippians 2:14 Do everything without complaining and arguing.
With cut back hours at work we are still trying to do the same amount of work in less time - I have noticed an elevated level of complaining, bickering and finger pointing. This verse is an excellent reminder that first of all I don't want to join in (I have not always followed that - Note to self work on that) then if I go to the next verse
2:15 so that no one can criticize you. Do I want to stand blameless before God. (no I am not saying I never mess up - I'm not Jesus) But I do want to strive to do all I can live in God's will.
I've heard that you will know what kind of fruit you are producing in your life by how you react when your fruit is being squeezed. Pressure, deadlines, being asked to do things you may not want to or like to do. So... How do you act. Do you receive it with joy and gladness?
Let me expand on the verses above:
Philippians 4:4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!
vs 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
vs 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
vs 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
So Simple but yet so often forgotten. Tell God - Tell God - no really TELL GOD! He already knows everything in your heart (yes even the ugly) -He just wants you to talk to Him. He is your friend, He is your confident, He needs to be our everything.
It is very important to be obedient to God, don't refuse Him anything. However I believe it is also equally important, if not more, to do whatever we do with the right attitude. How can we say we believe in God, and love Him, if we are not walking in the love that he gives us. We want, but we don't give.
I will be pondering my words today, because I'm sure I know who put them there. :)
Blessings to all!
Lynn
5 comments:
Hi! I just want to say thanks for stopping by. It's nice to see your home here.
Totally agree with your post. Why is it that we trip up the most at work? My tongue gets the most trouble there! If I'm home by myself, I'm fine. But God does not want us isolated. He wants us in the trenches to learn, grow and bring people to Him.
Have a blessed day! See you at Wendy's. :)
Bless you, a great post. Could have used it many years ago when I worked.
Merry CHRISTmas my friend.
Like that visual analogy of determining our fruit being produced when our fruit is squeezed. This last chapter in my online study touched on complaining or rather defeating it with praise. Come take a look-see.
Ouch! :) I won't complain. Thanks for your prayers and checking in on me. It has been a long time and I have missed you all. The post was encouraging! May you have a wonderful and prosperous New Year! May 2010 be full of GOD's mercy and blessings for you and yours.
LaTonya
Ah taming the tongue ... one of our greatest challenges!!
good reminder ~ Rachel
Post a Comment