Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Christmas Story

Has the story been told too many times? Do we listen half heartily going yeah, yeah..
*Mary was virgin!
*The angel came to talk to her!
*Joseph married her anyway!
*They had no room at the Inn!
*A Baby was born in a Manger!
*There was a Star!
*Three Wise men came bearing gifts!
Yes - Yes and Amen.
Jesus is the reason for the Season - WOO HOO! Okay time for the presents, and eggnog.

So do we know the story too well? Do we know it so well that we don't listen anymore. Do we listen but not hear. Matthew 11:15 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

A couple of weeks ago I was driving home from work, listening to Christian radio, and a child's voice came on and started reading the Christmas story. It caught my attention and I listened more closely. I was amazed that this child pronounced these words with such accuracy. Words I hadn't "heard" in a while. I welled up with emotion and almost started to cry. I held back because I was driving. I heard the Christmas story in my heart. It's not about a baby in a manger or about a savior being born. It's about OUR saviour being born.

The whole purpose of Him being born is and was to hang on a cross for me, for you, for all of mankind. This baby from the manger, was born, lived and hung on a cross so I could lift my head above my sins and look others in the eye. His birth is about a son that lived to show us a Fathers love (John 3:16) like no other love we will ever know.
Because of His birth - I can have life abundantly (John 10:10).
Because of His birth - I can have eternal life in heaven. (Romans 10:9-10).

Please don't just pass over the Christmas Story this year. Slow down, hear it in your heart. Share God's Love this season, it is the greatest gift you can give.
Lynn

1 comment:

Plant Lady said...

Beautiful and well said!

Blessings,
Plant Lady