Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shelf-ish or Farmer

Doing a little play on words here to illustrate a point. I'm asking myself and anyone who's reading this - what place does God have in your life? Which box would your walk with God fit in right now? Are you a "Farmer", planting your seeds of God's truth and wisdom every chance you get?Or perhaps you are "Shelf-ish" with God? You have your Bible and your books and CD's neatly set on the special "God Shelf". Do you have Him in His special spot not to get soiled and ruined? Hmm

I heard a story once about a woman who was buying a Bible for her young son and told the clerk she wanted it to be special and last him for a lifetime. The clerk responded with I would wish that he would read it and use it so much that it falls apart.

I used to be like that - afraid to bend the pages - Underline? oh no - Highlight? never! Not any more I'm wanting to be able to underline every scripture as having a special meaning in my life.
I want to wear my Bible out and know that God and I had some times together.

I am not saying to disrespect God or His word. We need to treat Him with the highest respect of anything. But I do feel there is a difference between respecting Him and using that as an excuse to not get close to Him. Worship the Creator not the created!

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
See we think nothing of filling our bodies up with all sorts of sugar, caffeine, processed foods, but we think Gods going to strike us down if we bend a page in the Bible.

How we act about God and the things of God is a direct reflection of our relationship with Him. If we are spending time with Him and His word, we will be the "Sharing Farmer".

Matthew 12:34b For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.
You can't help it. When you are full of His love and mercy, it can't help but come out of you. And if God isn't seeping out of you, then you need to take Him off the shelf and spend some time with Him.

Respect him as a Father, listen to and honor His wisdom and commands.
Love Him as a Daddy - crawl up on His lap and talk to Him. Tell Him your hopes and dreams and let Him comfort and protect you.
Share Him like a Farmer - plant the seeds of His word every chance you get!

Blessings everyone!
Lynn

3 comments:

From the Heart said...

A beautiful post. I want to be the one who crawals into Daddy's lap, my Heavenly Father. He is so good to me and my family. I want to lift Him up at all times for honor, praise and glory.

Plant Lady said...

Lovely post!

Plant Lady

GOD'S LADIE said...

Enjoyed it! It inspired me to go and look on my shelf to see if I left anything on there. Blessings!