Hello we're doing a chronological reading of the Bible hosted by our Bev please check out her site and join us. We read and then post what lingers on Monday mornings.
Well this week I got behind, my notes were vague and if I spend too much time sorting them out I will be farther behind. So this weeks post will be a little on the lite side.
1 Chronicles 3:15 it's listing the sons of Josiah and I wondered why it was his second son that was his successor. Okay another question that I had was Josiah had a son named Zedekiah, and then a Grandson named Zedekiah(from Jeconiah ?) Who or which was the royal line of Exile. I may have to go back and study after all. :)
Now Daniel and the story of Shadrach, Meshach, & Abednego and the fiery furnace. I so love this story and I wish I could say that I have that strong of faith all the time. Not that I would bow down to a gold idol, but as I have learned there are things in our life that we give more attention to than we should. We could all learn to "Let Go and Let God" a little more I'm sure. To have so much faith that we could walk into a furnace and say vs. 17 "He will deliver us from your hand O King, BUT if not, let it be known to you O King, that we do not serve your gods."
Daniel 3:30 The King ended up promoting them, But really the promotion came from God. If we would trust God instead of chasing after things in our own flesh - God will see that we are promoted.
Jeremiah 14:7 The people say, “Our wickedness has caught up with us, Lord, but help us for the sake of your own reputation. We have turned away from you and sinned against you again and again
Now they want God's help. They wait until they are in dire need, Now they recognize that He is the only one that can help them.
14:10 So this is what the Lord says to his people: “You love to wander far from me and do not restrain yourselves. Therefore, I will no longer accept you as my people. Now I will remember all your wickedness and will punish you for your sins.”
God's Judgement comes!
14:20 Lord, we confess our wickedness and that of our ancestors, too. We all have sinned against you. 21 For the sake of your reputation, Lord, do not abandon us. Do not disgrace your own glorious throne. Please remember us, and do not break your covenant with us.
What? Isn't that just a little gutsy? Lord Ya me , well you know I built these pagan idols and bowed down to them. Ya I went over there where you told me not to, ya that was me who hurt your people, but hey that doesn't give you the right to be breaking the covenant with us. I don't know about anybody else but that just floored me, what size guts do you have to have, to say that to the Lord. Then I heard - oh about your size. Oops. How many times have I stepped out, mouthed off and then said God I know I did this but you'll still protect me won't you. It's easy to read what these people did and think "Well I Never.... Oh Yes you did! :) Thoughts to ponder.
Jeremiah 15 the Potter remolding the clay pot and I thought about how because Jesus paid the price for our sins, we are remolded into a different pot. Thanks to the sacrifice and blood of Jesus.
That's all for now. Thanks Bev for all you do to lead this.
Blessings,
Lynn
2 comments:
I loved what you said about God being the one Who promoted them not the king. Oh that I would have eyes like that to see what God is doing. Thank you so much!
If we will let God promote us instead of others or ourselves, we can stand victorious!!
Great Post!
Kim
Post a Comment