Hi
Well it's God at work even though I don't know what He's up to. :) But it's not my position to question just be obedient. Years ago when my husband and I were dating our Friday night dates consisted of a Bible study at some friends house. During the time we were going there one of their daughters was going to Brazil to do some missions work. She had graduated from college with a degree in nutrition and it came in handy.
Over the next few years that particular Bible study moved to someone else's house and down the road we lost contact with the original host family. After getting married my husband and I attended a small church that our pastor and friend was starting but after a year or so found that it did not have a youth program which we felt our youngest daughter needed. So at the advice of our pastor friend we were advised to go back to the parent church where he and my husband had originally come from. Shortly after we did I saw a little notice on the bulletin board that Heidi that had gone to Brazil was getting married to someone she had met down in Brazil.
Fast forward a few more years and our current pastor at some point says that Heidi and her husband are part of the mission's that our church is supporting.
Fast forward even more years to a few weeks ago. My husband and I greet newcomers, it's just what we do. (Probably why we've been asked to do it at the front door now) Well there was a couple in front of us that I didn't recognize and so when the pastor said go greet someone of course I went to them. The lady said Hi I'm Heidi, and that is my husband his name is Hi son (or so I thought) ya we're here from Brazil, to which I replied great I'm so glad you are here. Well about that time we were asked to be seated so I did. All of the sudden it clicked. Oh Oh Oh, that's Heidi. I had never met her in person always just prayed for this person named Heidi in Brazil. So after service I went to her and asked if her parents were..... and then told her who we were and how we knew her parents. Well they left for a couple of weeks to visit other relatives and came back this last week to tell us a little more about there work in Brazil.
So this morning as I have been doing some of my Bible studies their card with their pictures and websites kept staring at me, so I went to one of them and felt urged to share.
Railson (pronounced "Hi Al Son") and Heidi and their two children have just been on my heart a lot so I pray for them and I'm sure it's okay if you want to too. Below is a link to one of their posts about the flooding in April. Not sure why I felt so strongly about sharing their work, but God does and that's all that matters. After all how many times does someone have to cross your path before it's not a coincidence?
Laranjal Under Water
Have a blessed Day!
Lynn
PS check out my other Blog I'm doing a study from "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyers
5 comments:
Good Morning Lynn,
Such a nice post! I've had chance encounters with people like that and then run into them practically everywhere I went. I've often wondered if there was a purpose in it. Sometimes we can tell, other times we never know, but God does!
I've even had people tell me that "God sent you here today". That is such a blessing to hear, to realize that you are a part of God's plan for the day, isn't it?
Blessings~
Plant Lady
Lynn, Thanks for telling us about this couple. Isn't it a good feeling when you meet someone whom you knew when they were children and find that they have followed God in such a wonderful way. I'm sure it takes a lot of courage and love of God to go and work in a foreign place. Praise God for those who can.
Have a blessed day,
AliceE.
Yes, I was crying for GOD not to take HIS prescence away from me. I love GOD. Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers. I sure need them. Thank you so much for encouraging me and lifting me up. I appreciate you and your kindness more than words can ever express.
Blessings,
LaTonya
Lynn, Please come to my blog, I have a surprize for you.
AliceE.
what a thrilling account! How often do we get to actually meet those that we have been praying for in other countries?
I also read, "Laranjal Under Water"
Thanks for sharing.
Mary
Post a Comment