Mary Francis Duncan Born 8/19/1917

Well this last week my Grandma celebrated her 91st Birthday. I didn't get to spend it with her this year but last year my sister and I put on a party for her. She lives in a small town where she has for most of her life. So we invited the town, along with some relatives from out of town. I had a slide show made from some of the pictures we gathered, and I put together a collage of pictures from her life. Below are a few of the pictures that celebrate her life.
Her Parents Mother Clare, and not sure on her Fathers Name.
Grandma in the early years!
Grandma and Grandpa! Grandpa and I had lots of fun in the garden together. He was a rock hound and made jewelry. I had fun watching. - Grandpa is in heaven now.
Grandma being Baptised in 1981.
5 Generations. Grandma, Dad, Me, My Daughter and her Daughter "Baby J". Baby J is now 41/2.
Grandma with her two children, my Dad and Aunt, at her 90th Birthday Party.
She has just sold her home and moved in with her Step-Daughter who is helping her out. Grandma is remarkable especially for her age. She's an awesome woman who has lived through and seen a great deal in her life. She's quiet, doesn't say a lot and really doesn't speak evil of anyone. She's given little tid-bits of advise in life, that has stuck with me all my life.Love ya Grandma,
Lynn
8 comments:
Lynn-
What a nice way to celebrate your grandmothers birthday...
My Grandma was born on August 19, 1905...I miss her so much...When I was a rebellious teen she kept me from going over the edge... My husband's brother was also born on that day...I think Bill Clinton also shares that date...
Be Blessed,
In His Love,
Debrah
Lynn,
More precious memories for your treasure chest! I imagine that she had a great time at the party with the friends and family. 91 years-WOW!!!!
Plant Lady
91. Wow. My gramma reached 95. She passed away last July 07.
Nice tribute to her.
:-)
Lynn,
I have already sold two of the three gourds that In showed you in the email. I was able to sell them for a little more than I do the painted gourds.
I have made two additional ones since I emailed you with the pictures. I don't think I will have any trouble selling them.
I was asked to do a program for a local garden club on gourd crafting and growing. It was to be in November, but we had to reschedule for January.
Thanks for asking about them. I'm excited that they are so popular with everyone!
Plant Lady
I love old family photos! I know your grandma must feel supremely blessed to be surrounded by family who honors her!
Lynn, Please come to my blog, I have an award for you.
AliceE.
Awesome! What a blessing to have live 91 years! Wonderful memories and pix! Treasure them.
LaTonya
What a beautiful tribute to your grandmother's 91st birthday! I loved looking at the pictures. And even after she is gone you will have the memories and pictures to hand down to the next generation.
mary
Post a Comment