I know there is a game show called Whammy, however that's not what I'm talking about. As promised I am giving you a morsel from the Joyce Meyer conference.
Joyce has several stories from her life that she tells, and some are signatures of hers. There is a story that she tells about, waking up one day and trying to figure out how she could get her husband and children to take care of the house so she could do what she wanted to do. The Lord spoke to her and said "you know what you remind me of?" of course she asks what. Well he said a robot that goes around saying "what about me? - what about me? what about me?"
So at the conference this year she actually had a robot built and she wound the key on that back and it went across the podium saying "What about me? What about me? What about me? So she spoke a little more on how we need to be selfless. Being selfish creates pity parties and depression. When we get our eyes off of ourselves we can focus on God and our joy can be renewed. God told her she could be pitiful or powerful but not both.
The robots name was W.A.M. For What About Me?
I have decided that I don't want to get caught up in selfishness, Pity Parties or What About Me's?
So no Wammy's for me.
Be Blessed!
Lynn
4 comments:
Isn't she Great!!! She is so natural, and so real. Sometimes when I listen to her or watch her, I truly see my life in action.
I guess thats why I can read her stuff or listen to her on tv or online, and everything just makes sense.
I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for sharing.
Sharon :)
Awesome stuff! So glad that you were able to make it to the women's conference! I'm the community director for JMM and I just wanted to say thank you for joining us! If you're interested I've posted the highlight video of the weekend on our youtube page (www.youtube.com/joycemeyerministries) or if you're on facebook we've uploaded both pictures and video to our fan page, Joyce Meyer Ministries! Thanks again for celebrating with us all that God is doing!
Just dropping by to say Hi! Have a great week.
Be Blessed
In His Love,
Debrah
Hi Lynn,
I really like this post. I think that it is important to know who is in control. I love Joyce Meyers too, she is so down to earth.
MiVida es de Oro
my life is Golden
when I am tried in the fire, I shall come out as pure gold!
Post a Comment