Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Snowmen in September

Hello,

Well I leave tomorrow for St Louis for the Joyce Meyers Womens Conference, can't tell I'm excited can you? But I wanted to share a project that I worked on for a friends Birthday. Now I'm only a beginner, but I have a great friend that gives me all sorts of tips on quilting do's and don'ts.
It's a table runner and I had so much fun making it. I have ideas for more, but I need to finish the quilt for my Granddaughter I started way too long ago. :>)
Have a great rest of your week and weekend. I'll have my computer but not much time.
Be Blessed,
Lynn

5 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,
Oh, I wish I could quilt! I've only helped with one at a "quilting bee."

Well, maybe one day I'll learn!

Have a good trip!

Plant Lady

From the Heart said...

Lynn,
Have a great trip and enjoy the conference.

I love the runner. My sister-in-law was telling me this morning that she was making a quilt for her second granddaughter (had already made one for the first one). Looks like a neat thing to do.
Be safe and have a great time,
AliceE.

Paula V said...

That's great, Lynn. It looks like some of those snowmen are pretty small...that seems like it would be very difficult to cut and sew smaller things. You did fabulous. She is going to love it. I LOVE homemade gifts. They are so much more than the money to buy the supplies. They are about all the time and work put into it. I'm sure you had many thoughts of her as you made this item. So, there's potentially hours of thoughts about her in it and that's precious.

Have a fabulous time with Joyce. Just to be away and to be fed His Word...wonderful!

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Yes I do enjoy this so much wish I had more time for it. the small snowmen blocks are 6" and yes some of the pieces had to be held with a pair of tweezers. I have so many ideas and see so many cute kits that it is hard to find time to do.
Lynn

Rilda said...

YOU did fantastic!! Great JOB!! I am proud of you. I just love the design and colors. How perfectly done!! Thanks for sharing. Blessings Always, rilda *U*