Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm so Blessed - Home for now!



Hi
Well we made it home last night from our beautiful and fun filled vacation to Nevada and Arizona. I'm borrowing a picture from our Daughter because they took a couple of days out on their own and went to the Grand Canyon. Yes this is the real thing not a back drop. It's beautiful isn't it. We had lots of sunshine and family time and it was great. Wonderful memories are built each time we go. This was our Son-in-law and these two grandchildren's first time of meeting this side of the family and everyone hit it off wonderfully. The Babies would squeal every time they saw the uncles. Hubby and I had some great time together, which we can't get enough of. It makes it easier when your spouse is your best friend. I have friends that are not that close to their spouse and can't understand why we want to do everything together. Because we enjoy each other, isn't that the way it should be? So it was great to have that time.
Well I'm 3/4 way unpacked, making the grocery list (the fridge it bare), and actually thinking about the fact that Thursday morning I will be flying out again. To St Louis, MO, for Joyce Meyers Woman's Conference. Yahoo.


Then I will be back a week from that and then have another week off with my only sibling my Sister. She went with us on our AZ vacation last year and was missed a lot this year. My husbands family like to joke and tease and make up "fish tale" stories and so she was the subject of some from last year. We called her and shared some while we were there.


I really have to shake my head in amazement on how blessed I am. I am getting these wonderful times of refreshing and building of relationships with God and Family and Friends. And if all of that isn't enough, I have all of you - my Blog friends to share my treasures of the heart with. Thank you all for your insight and friendship.
Be Blessed
Lynn

4 comments:

debrah said...

Welcome Back! sounds like you had a great time. I too am married to my best friend. There is something amazing when the Lord knits two hearts together with His heart. So good that the Lord is giving you this time of refreshing...
In His Love,
Debrah

From the Heart said...

Lynn, So glad you made it back safely and had such a wonderful time.

My husband and I made a quick trip to Jellico, TN on Friday and came back today, Sunday. The grandfather of the twin had been in the hospital since the funeral. He was in Knoxville, sent him home and then admitted him to the hospital in Jellico where they live. A very small hospital but very up-to-date. Our oldest daughter called to tell us our niece called her and said that he had two heart attacks Thursday during a procedure they were doing. He asked them to put him on life support because his heart is so weak. When we first got there he looked pretty good but medicated. Last night when I went in to see him he did not look good at all. He was swelling from the glucose they were giving him. He had pneumonia to begin with, plus congestive heart failure. We came home today, but don't have a very good feeling about him. We have known him and his wife for many years and love them dearly. He's a minister and felt his ministry was not over. Only God can help him now.

Be safe and enjoy your travels.
Blessings,
AliceE.

From the Heart said...

Lynn, Thank you for your comments. I will be praying for your husband's father-in-law. I think it is a great thing that you all have remained part of your husband's previous family. God will reward you for that I'm sure.
Blessings,
AliceE.

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,
I'm glad you had a good time on vacation. I know you will also have a great time at the conference. You'll have to tell us all about the conference when you return.

Blessings,
Plant Lady