Here are my random thoughts and questions that I noted while doing my Cover to Cover chronological reading of the Bible this week.
Monday {Ezekiel 47-48:35; Ezekiel 29:17-30:19}
God divides the land. If you haven’t been there before follow this link to Bible Maps and you can see where all this takes place. It is very interesting.
Tuesday {Daniel 4:1-37; 2 Kings 25:27-30; Jeremiah 52:31-34; Daniel 7:1-28}
Daniel 4
King Neb had the dream analyzed. He being the tree that would be cut down and bound with iron for 7 seasons until he turned and repented for his pride. Pride comes before a fall.
Again God in his loving kindness gives King Neb 12 months to repent and turn from Sin, yet he did not take heed to the dream he had the instruction that Daniel gave him.
2Kings 25 - In the thirty-seventh year of the exile of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the year Evil-Merodach became king of Babylon, he released Jehoiachin king of Judah and freed him from prison
Daniel 7:13 "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed
My 1st thought - Was this Jesus he was seeing?
Wednesday
Daniel 5
King Belshazzar following in his fathers footsteps didn’t humble himself and repent, even knowing what had happened to his father.
2300 evenings…. But no one knows the day or the time.
I thought it interesting that Mene Mene Tekel Parsin. Mene is repeated. I notice God often will repeat something in the same scripture like He is really trying to drive a point home.
Tekel - You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting
In reading another translation I realized that, what was meant here is that the King did not measure up to what he should of. But what 1st came to me when I read this was - With all he had gained during his reign, (You have been weighed on the scales) that he was still lacking and not satisfied because he was not humbling himself before the Lord and looking to Him for his happiness. (and found wanting)
Thursday {Ezra 1:1-4; Daniel 6:1-28; Ezra 1:5-2:20; Nehemiah 7:4-25 }
Daniel 6 In the den of Lions
26 "I issue a decree that in every part of my kingdom people must fear and reverence the God of Daniel. "For he is the living God and he endures forever; his kingdom will not be destroyed, his dominion will never end. 27 He rescues and he saves; he performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth. He has rescued Daniel from the power of the lions." This scripture is one of those that sums is up. One that if you would just believe it in full always, you would have great success. “For he is the living God”
Ezra and Nehemiah -
The list of the exiles that returned to Jerusalem and Judah.
Friday {Ezra 2:21-70; Nehemiah 7:26-73}
Ezra 2 It was amazing to me that there were so many people. I don’t know why I think of biblical times not having 50,000 people. I also noticed that for the approx 50,000 people they only had approximately 8,200 camels, mules, & donkeys, most I am sure were to carry goods and supplies not the people.
Saturday {Ezra 3:1-13; Psalm 92:1-15; Psalm 126:1-6; Daniel 10-11:35 }
Ezra: Rebuilding the Altar and Temple
Psalm 92 … The righteous will flourish.
Psalm 126 :2 Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Isn’t this the way the Lord would like us to be everyday. Isn’t this what He wants for us, Peace and Joy. And how He loves our Praises.
Sunday {Daniel 11:36-12:13; Psalm 93:1-5; Psalm 94:1-23; Psalm 95:1-11; Psalm 96:1-13}
Daniel 11, 12 - The Scroll sealed. Did it tell the future? Daniel will rest and then gain his inheritance. Daniel didn’t have what we have. We have the blood of Jesus and we have the Holy Spirit in us. We are to have the Rest and Peace now here on Earth.
Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will take a stand for me against evildoers? Am I standing the way I should? Do I need to stand more?
Psalm 96:4 For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. Do we fear Him with the respect we should, or have we become complacent with our God?
Psalm 96:9 Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth.
Psalm 96:11 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
Psalm 96:12 let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy;
So when the wind blows through the trees in the forest and makes that whistling sound, are they singing to God? Maybe!
Be Blessed,
Lynn
3 comments:
Well you just reminded me of Daniel 4 and it SO SPOKE to me right where I am. God has cut me down to a stump once again and He will grow me back a new home in Austin. Being cut back has little to do with the move but more to do with my old nature and it cannot remain! Thanks Lynn!!! I'll remind you in 5 years---moves are kind of impossible without God.
I like all you wrote, especially on God's patience with King Neb. I also appreciate the link to Bible Maps. It gets confusing! I thought how awful King Belshazzar was, then thought how I have drunk from idols cups, drug the name of Christ through the mud, and have been weighed and found wanting. I like how you tied it to nothing ever being enough for the king. Not just lacking, but in his constant pursuit for more. Great insights, Lynn. Enjoyed your thoughts on this week's Scrips.
Love to you, Annette
Hey Lynn...missing you and just wanted to say hi...
Post a Comment