Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Friday, March 6, 2009

Mr. Ed is that you?

Today in our Chronological reading hosted by Wendy, we read Numbers 22-24.

You can click on the links above and do the reading and/or read what Wendy had to say about the reading.


The reading today.

Thanks Wendy, I wasn't understanding why God told Balaam to go and then got mad at him - you cleared that up - God saw his heart. Thx

Then I too was wondering why is he not questioning the Donkey talking? :) (That's why the reference to Mr. Ed)

What struck me also today was how King Balak kept trying and trying to get what he wanted. How many times has any of us tried to get someone to side up with us on something? Then when the other doesn't agree - but look at this and look at that. "Now do you agree?" I was just talking to my husband yesterday about this. How when we ask someones opinion, do we really want it or are we trying to be validated? You will know by your reaction to their answer. If you argue with their answer - you only wanted to be validated. I've been both Balaam and King Balak, and unfortunately I don't think I always listened to my Donkey as well as I should have. But getting better every day!!! :)

I love how Balaam repeatedly says "I will speak only the message that the Lord puts in my mouth." If I could adhere to that... 24-7 - Wow!

Hope you all have a great day.
Blessings
Lynn

2 comments:

From the Heart said...

I'm reading through the Bible this year. CBN (700 Club) sends me the scriptures to read everyday so I can read it in a year. However, I got started late so I will have to go back to the beginning at some point and catch up or finish with the beginning. I'm reading in Numbers now. I'm so glad to hear that someone actually understands that book.
Have a good evening,
AliceE.

From the Heart said...

Lynn, Please come to my blog, I have two surprizes for you.
AliceE.