Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Obedience to God

I am reading the chronological Bible with Wendy Pope and a bunch of others come join us!

Today re read how Moses struck the rock to get water instead of speaking to the rock. Go ahead and read what Wendy had to say about it and this is what came on my heart to say.


Wendy,
Very well stated. I'm seeing in this how God could see the unbelief in them or us by our disobedience. Very good. And you are right. God is so sweet and kind to not call us out (unless we continue without repentance) and still blesses us more and more. I'm enjoying this very much - it's hard to put in words what I see and learn but it's really good. So I'll leave it at that, I'm learning a lot. :)
I'm seeing that our grumbling makes God sad and angry just like it does when our children do not appreciate us. I see how our safety either spiritually or physically depends on us doing what God says and when we don't it makes Him sad and angry. I see how God has the wisdom of knowing the end from the beginning and wants to give us that wisdom all of it but knows He has to dole it out little by little.And even when we don't obey completely, when we look up to Him with our big eyes and say Daddy, I need you, He drops everything (not really He can handle it all at once) and focuses on us wraps us in his arms and says "I still Love you". I see a God that I don't want to live with out.Thanks to God and Thanks to all for listening.

Blessings everyone!
Lynn

3 comments:

Sharon said...

This is so good, and yes we struggle each and everyday don't we.
I am not perfect by noooo means, but I surely don't do the things I use too, and it's because he is in my life.
Great post
Have a blessed day

From the Heart said...

I agree with Sharon. God loves us even when we make mistakes and is always ready and willing to forgive us no matter what.
Bless you for sharing,
AliceE.

Paula V said...

There's so much to be said about obedience. I just heard a sermon again today by one of my new favorites (Perry Noble of NewSpring Church in SC) say God is NOT concerned with our happiness but rather our obedience. I've also heard it said that He's not concerned with our happiness but our holiness. Our character. They are all wrapped up in obedience.
Thanks for the reminder...or rather I should thank the Lord since He's brought it to me twice in one day, in four hours really.
Love,
Paula