Bear with the measurements they are all approxiamate to taste and smell. I will give you ingredients, you can make substitutions to suit your taste.
6-8oz Cooked Chicken Breast, Cube and season as you like while cooking, garlic, season salt, pepper, Mrs Dash poultry seasoning - or you can use Canned Chicken
2 Stalks of Celery chopped
32oz (or more) of Chicken Broth, fresh, canned or boulion and water
1-1 1/2 C Brown Rice
2 Bay Leafs leave whole so you can take out
2-3 T Celery flakes or Celery seeds.
More garlic to taste.
Put these ingredients in a stock pot and simmer until rice is done. Add water or broth if needed.
Crock Pot on high works too.
Now you can add 1/2 to 1 small bag of frozen peas and carrots right before you serve only cook them until heated through - Or you can course chop a carrot and cook with the rest of it. I don't like to do that because it tends to take too much of a carrot flavor but you can do it your way.
If you want Chicken Noodle, don't add rice. Add noodles when they are tender finish as above.
This can be served with a fresh salad, garlic bread or by it's self.
Enjoy.
Lynn
PS I added a entry on my other Blog also. :)
1 comment:
Lynn,
Sounds good, especially on a day like today-chilly 45 degrees and rainy!
I'll try it!
Plant Lady
Post a Comment