Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Sunday, March 30, 2008

He gives us a great life!

First of all for those of you that don't know I have two blogs on here and depending how I am feeling I write on one or the other. So check them both out.
One of my new friends posted about doing her laundry and it got me to thinking about how I do my weekly chores.
Well we are very blessed our church has multiple services so we have been going on Saturday nights. Lately we get up on Saturday have a cup or two of coffee and then go out to breakfast, go see some of our grandkids, (sometimes we take the kids and grandkids out to breakfast) then buy our groceries for the week run our errands, come home do whatever, and then go to the evening church service. That way if we get up on Sunday and want to be lazy or do projects we can. I am really into my sewing (quilts) right now, one of my many crafts that I love, and so I try to get what chores I feel necessary done and spend some time on my quilting. I find in my life that if I am organized my life tends to flow a little easier. My Husband and I both work full time and then some, so I take my time on Sunday to get meals and lunches set up for the week. I make the things I can ahead so that during the week it is not such a chore. I will make a pot of soup that we can take with a sandwhich or a big salad and then divide it up in littler portions to grab each day. I thought about posting some recipes on my blog and if others want to share some they could also. Maybe I'll try that out.
I have people say they don't know how I do it all but I once heard someone say, (Marilyn Hickey) they used to complain about being tired all the time and their husband told them they were tired of hearing it and she should pray about it. Well she did and said that she now does 5 times what she used to and still has energy. I think I know how that feels now. When I'm in the word and seeking God he multiplies my time. I felt like my time was pretty fulll and now I have a new bible study online a new set of sisters and friends to pray for and minister to, and I will be starting another Bible study locally with a friend of mine from church. I'll share new insights with you.
I find that as I am looking for the right words and scriptures to speak into someone elses life, I'm learning new stuff myself. You think that's why God is always telling us to help others so much.... ? I'm sure it is. As we live for Him, He gives us a great life.
Be Blessed everyone, If I get time later maybe I can put on a pot of Soup here for you. :)
Lynn

2 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Hi Lynn,
Hope your day has gone well! Thanks for your post to say Good Morning!

I woke up at my usual time, came to the computer and sat. . .and sat. . .and sat. No words would come. I went back to bed and got a little more sleep. When I got up, it was time to go to Sunday School and Worship Service.

This evening at 6:00 p.m., we will go back for our Fifth Sunday Night Sing. The Glory Bound Quartet, a southern gospel group will have the service. We usually have a time of fellowship and refreshments after the service and I can't figure out what type of finger food I will be taking to share. I guess I'll go with some brownies. Everyone usually likes those.

You spoke of liking to quilt. I have done a little, although I'm not very good. The ladies of our Women's group usually get together in the Fall to make a quilt to raffle to raise money for our mission projects. We usually raise around $3,000. One year, I won the quilt! That particular year, one on my mother's cousins quilted it. She lived in Texas and would hand quilt one every year for us to raffle. This was the last one she did for us because of ill health. She has since passed. She was a blessing to us!

I have done my post for today if you would like to come over.

Well, I guess I had better go and make the brownies!

Hope to talk to you later!
Love,
Plant Lady

Karen said...

Hi Lynn,

I just checked in from Rachael Olson's blog. The thoughts you shared today (Abigail) were really good ones. I saw your post on chores and quilting, and I just had to drop a line and let you know that I love to quilt too! I am making a King size quilt for my parents' 50th anniversary in June and it is taking up a lot of my time, but I love doing it and I like to think it is a gift God gave me to share with others.

Anyway, it's nice to "meet" you and I look forward to reading more of your comments on RO's blog.

- Karen; Pleasanton, CA