I had a wonderful Easter. Not that I did anything spectacular, but because of what Easter represents to me. Jesus saved me from the pits of Hell not only for eternity, but here on earth as well.
As I look back to my old self, it amazes me how much the devil controlled my life with his lies. John 8:44 paraphrased "The devil is a liar". But not to be discounted that easily, he knows each of our weakness even better that we know them ourselves.
For the last 4 years I've taken a much more serious approach with my walk with God. I'm seeking that intimate relationship with Him instead of fufilling my Sunday obligation. :) For me to begin to believe how much God loved me, it was not enough to hear "He gave me his only Son John" 3:16. That didn't feel real. It wasn't until I continued in His word daily, that his truth was revealed to me. As I continue at each level, God reveals himself to me more and more. As with any relationship I had to invest into it for it to become strong and lasting.
Self doubt, and insecurity is a horrible thing that too many of us deal with, in different ways and at different degrees. It can be the root or foundation for many other problems, obesity, bulimia, anorexia, substance abuse, phsyical or mental abuse, illness and disease. It can cause us to put up with forms of abuse that if we really knew our worth we would not allow. I pray that I continue to grow, so that someday maybe God can use me to help others that struggle in this area. I will always be able to grow more, but I can look at who I am and who I'm becoming and am happy with it. With out Gods love and the Blood of Jesus, I would not be able to do that.
So I'm Loving Myself and Loving Life.... Thanks to Jesus!
Lynn
6 comments:
Lynn,
I'm glad you are recognizing your worth in our Saviour's eyes. I, too, sometimes have difficulty focusing on the worth my Saviour puts in me. It is so easy to let our attention be re-focused on something else if we do not continue in His Word and keep the lines of intimate communication (prayer)open.
Be encouraged and keep up the good fight!
Please come over to my blog when you get a chance. I think you will find today's relative to this topic.
Plant Lady
Thanks Plant Lady! I posted a comment on your blog too. Have a blessed Day.
Lynn
Hi Lynn, its Donna
I love your blog. Thank you for visiting mine and writing that nice word. I just wanted to tell you that you are an encouragement for me as well as for others. Please visit mine tonight or tomorrow. I feel that everyone that has visited knows my pain as well as answered prayer. I feel tonight I have written something that needs to be read. You will be blessed and encouraged. You are worthy in Gods eyes and I truly believe that what I wrote will help you also.
Love Donna
Good for you, Lynn!!! Love your blog so honest and encouraging. I relate to your story. Especially the part about staying in the Word. I have a blog too. It is called out of this world in His Word. I haven't figured all this blog stuff out yet. I don't know how to put my blog out there so you can access it? I'm not to bright when it comes to this stuff. But anyway, again I LOVE your blog. I'm glad I visited and hope to figure mine out so you can visit it. plant lady and 5designs are wonderful women of God and I always enjoy their comments. Have a blessed day in the Lord.
Dana
Hey everyone!! I figured it out!! Please come over to my blog and leave me a comment. I'm not sure how I did it but I'm going to try again. (ha ha)
Love you guys,
Dana
Lynn, What a wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing. You are worthy and costly! I'm glad you've come to recognize your worth through His eyes. God bless you!
Post a Comment