Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

As the Crow Flies

Do you ever look back on a day a year or your life and realize there might have been a much easier route to take?
Well I do all the time. I think about the how silly walking through the desert for 40 years for an eleven day journey sounds and then God says "How old are you Lynn"?
God gave us His Son, His, Word and the Holy Spirit, and somehow we still have trouble finding our way at times. It's like being the mouse in a maze. Trial and error to the right door.
As the crow flies, implies a straight line to a destination. If you look at a maze from above it makes it much more clear on which way we should go.
That is partly why God wants us to lift ourselves above the storms of this world, so we can see more clearly the path that He would have us take.

Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

If we could always remember to take Gods path it would be even better than how the crow flies. :)

Blessings,
Lynn

3 comments:

From the Heart said...

A great post. Sometimes it seems we have to wait a long time but eventually God will answer our prays. It may not be exactly the way we wanted but it will be the right way because it's His way.
Blessings,
AliceE.

Paula V said...

Lift above the storm to see clearly...that's good.
Love,
Paula

From the Heart said...

Lynn,
I will be glad to put your cousin on my prayer list. Quiet a few years ago the 21 year old son of one of my cousins committed suicide. Like you, I have not had much contact with her except at family reunions. She is a very quiet person and doesn't talk much.
I know that her faith in God brought her through such a tragedy.
He had called them on his birthday and seemed very happy. He was in his last year of college. Two days later he was found parked at the windmill at Appalachian College. He was so talented. You always wonder what they could have been going through to end their lives.
May God give you wisdom in helping soothe the pain of your cousin even in a card.
Blessings,
AliceE.