Hi and Happy Thanksgiving!
Have you ever played that game while you traveled somewhere? The one where you take the name of a city and change the words with similar meaning words. Example a city named Gladstone would be come Happy Rock. Well for what ever reason it is a game that was embedded in me. So when I was meditating on what Thanksgiving means and what it is really all about that popped out. To be happy is to be joyful. To be thankful is to be grateful or show gratitude and giving is sharing. Joyful Gratitude Sharing!
You see it is my wish that we don't get caught up in the rituals of gotta do this and gotta do that and should this and have to do that, to the point we loose focus. It is important to show our gratitude to God everyday, but if we set aside this day to give extra special reflection for our Thanks to the blessings that God has bestowed on us, then let us Joyfully Share our Gratitude.
I am immeasurably thankful for God's love, mercy, grace and wisdom. Without those gifts, none of the other requests or blessings could be possible. I am so thankful for my Husband, my Children and Grandchildren, my family, my home, my job, my friends (face 2 face & blog land). But without God's mercy and love, I would not be worthy of any of these blessings that He has given me. Now I can stand shameless for any transgressions I've ever done, and bask in the glory and shinning light of His mercy. I can stand tall and say I am the righteous of the Lord. I can laugh and joke with my loved ones today and make memories and build relationships, all because when God offered His son, & I received Him as Lord of my life. If you have never received Jesus as the Lord of your life here is a link that can answer questions you may have, and help you pray the sinners prayer.
How to Become a Christian.
I am thankful today in so many ways. Rachel Olson posted the other day about keeping a thankful journal. I haven't officially got one yet, but mentally everyday I make a mental list of what I'm thankful for.
Today is a special day. Take time to enjoy it. Take time to notice things to be thankful for. Then purpose in your heart to make the attitude of today, be your attitude for your life.
God Bless you all.
Lynn
2 comments:
Thanks, Lynn, for your visit. Hope you are haaving a great day as well.
Your post is really good. I added the How to Become a Christian to My Favorites. I hope that's ok. I may need to use it sometime.
God bless,
AliceE.
Happy Thanksgiving! And you know, if you're bringing up towns like Gladstone we really could be neighbors and not know it... Gladstone is about 2 minutes away =)
Post a Comment