Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Friday, February 27, 2009

Gettin' Fine in '09 - Week 3

Hello,
Well I have this strange thing that keeps happening with my weight. I go all week long and it looks like I've lost 2-3 pounds and then on Sunday's which is my Weight Watchers meeting day, I've lost 1/2 to 2 pounds. So last Friday's weight was wrong. I did lose from the prior week so that was good. So as of my last weigh in at WW, I have lost 11 pounds. I only worked out once this week, but have been really good about tracking what I've eaten and am staying within my points.
My lounging/workout pants are too loose (yeah) and I was even able to get into a pair of jeans that I could barely zip up only a month ago. So the trains moving :)! Also I am so happy to say I have less than 50 pounds to loose. Yahoo! For so long it was I have over 50, then I have about 50, now it is a little under 50. :) At this point it looks like I have lost another 1.4 pounds which would put me at 12.4 total, but I will post the total loss after my weigh in on Sunday.
Update: I did loose 1.4 #'s this week which is a Grand Total of 12.4 pounds! :)
My food finds that helped this week:
Egg Quesadilla - 3Pts
2 egg whites
1 1/2 0z Black forest ham (or very lean not processed)
1 Tbsp organic Salsa
3 Tbsp Grated Parmesan OR 2 Tbsp of Grated Cheddar or Pepper Jack
(If you use Cheddar or Pepper Jack add 1 Point)
1 6-7" Whole Wheat Lo Carb Tortilla (1pt)
Scramble Egg Whites with Ham and Salsa.
Take the Tortilla and sprinkle 1/2 the cheese on 1/2 or the tortilla.
Next add the cooked eggs on top of the cheese and top with rest of cheese.
Fold the other 1/2 of tortilla over and place in toaster oven on Toast or regular oven at 400 until tortilla starts to brown. Take out and cut in wedges, enjoy with more salsa or plain. You could have 1 C of berries or another fruit for 1 more point if you like.
This seems to keep me full a little longer than some other breakfast foods with the same points and is a nice treat.
Fat Free Popcorn 5 Cups only 1 Pt. :) Nice for a snack when you want just a little something salty.
If you mix yogurt with frozen berries or other Fruit, it almost feels like your eating Ice Cream and that is a nice treat.
God gave me a little nugget of revelation that gave me a different perspective on what I am doing. The word diet is usually associated with starving oneself. But a diet is what one eats. This is what God showed me when a couple weeks ago, I gained those two pounds so easily, and it is so hard to lose them. It's not that I have to deprive myself of food, but the fact is - the portions that I am eating now, is all the food my body can metabolise. If my body could burn it up and use it, it would but it can't. For some reason thinking of it in that context, helped. I'm overworking my body by trying to make it burn up fuel it doesn't need. I know it's the same information we have heard for years but sometimes God gets the message across in a way that works. :) So I'm passing that revelation on, if it helps someone besides me, great if not that's fine too.
Have a healthy Blessed Week I'll edit my post on Sunday to show my actual total loss.
Blessings,
Lynn

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are doing such a good job! 11 lbs is awesome! And it has to feel good when your pants are getting loose.
Thanks for sharing the recipe. Keep up the good work.