
Well I have signed up to be accountable for my fitness and weight loss. First I started Weight Watchers back in Mid October and now with Sarah at all Pain no Gain and some others. Every Friday we will post how we did and what we did on our journey towards a healthy body and lifestyle.
I dieted about 5 years ago and lost 20 pounds which actually put me within 10 pounds of where I wanted to be. But let me back up a few and give you some background - At first putting on weight was kind of fun, see for the first 25 years of my life I had gone to nutritionist to help me gain weight. At the peak of pregnancy I weighed 121. Two weeks after delivery I was back to 98 lbs. I stayed between 93 and 98 lbs most of my life, until I had my hysterectomy at the age of 29. Four months later my first husband and I split and got a divorce. After that I gained up to 135, and that's what I weighed when my (2nd) current husband and I got married when I was 34. Then I started gaining on a more regular basis, about 5-10 lbs a year. My Grandma tells me I'm happy, and I am very. So this is where I (really)dieted for the first time and lost the 20 lbs. But some major things happened in my life for a couple of years and I gained 50 lbs. I tried some diets during the last 5 years off and on, but in October I went back to Weight Watchers because that's what I lost on before. So here are the stats you patiently read my life story for. I'm 5' 4 1/2" My peak weight was 196, I lost down to 194.4 when I started back at weight watchers and at my last weigh-in I had lost 11.6 lbs. (182.8) Sometimes I get discouraged because it is coming off so slow, but at least it is coming off.
My goal is to be between 135 and 140, and if I'm really buff I'll settle for 145 as long as I am really toned.
Right now for my exercise I am doing outside walks with Hubby when weather allows, approximately 2-3 miles, and then I have some work out videos that I alternate. "Turbo Jam" by Beach Body, Several of Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds, and lately my favorite is "Next Move" by Weight Watchers They have 5 work outs on the one DVD that are all 20 mins. I like it because I can do 20 of Cardio and then do 10 - 20 mins of upper, lower or total body toning for a 30-40 min work out. I work a sit down job for 4-10hr days a week and then my hobbies are reading sewing and blogging, so I know that the exercise is a really important thing for me at this stage in my life. I will be 46 in October and it will be wonderful to be at goal for my next birthday. Hows that for positive speech.
Blessings and prosperity for all who are working at a better you.
Lynn
2 comments:
You do have an amazing story! I know that it's frustrating when the weight comes off slowly, but it's honestly the healthiest way! Slow and Steady wins the race!
You're doing an amazing job and your goal is very reachable. I'm so glad that you're joining us. I hope you have a great weekend!
*My birthday is actually today. Thank you by the way!
Lynn, Keep up the good work.
I weighed 97 lbs until I got married and at that time was at 104. After my first daughter was born I weighed 125 and felt that was good. After my second child I started putting on weight. When she started making plans for her wedding I went to The Diet Center and lost down to a size 6 dress. I ended up going back to them twice. It's been a struggle ever since. As long as I had a treadmill I did okay but after having the surgeries on my neck I had to quit the treadmill and work. Now my cholesterol is up slightly so I'm on medication and trying to watch the fat grams. The trouble is I broke my scales and haven't gotten another set so I really don't know what I weigh. After having back surgery almost two years ago I was unable to be as active as I use to be. I have lost a dress size and hopefully I can keep it there or loose more. The older you get the harder it becomes.
Good luck and I will be praying for you to meet your gold.
Blessings,
AliceE.
Post a Comment