As we continue on with our Chronological reading hosted by Wendy Pope - today's reading was Leviticus 26. You can click the link above to see what Wendy had to say and here are my nuggets and comments to the reading.
Wendy
I have questioned that too - what of the OT law applies to today with the new covenant. Today I noticed how many times God said "I AM the Lord you God", how when we obey He will look favorably upon us (26:9). I have to say I always cringe when I read that God says He'll despise me. Despise seems like such a harsh word. Yikes. Then several times He says He will "punish us seven times over" for our sins. As a child one spanking was enough - thank you. :)
I did also see how in vs 44 " I will not utterly reject or despise them" and vs 46 "the evidence of the relationship between himself and the Israelites. "
The Old Testament is some hard reading - but I think it is helpful in having a big picture of my Lord.
Blessings Everyone,
Lynn
2 comments:
Yep, one spanking was enough. One soapy mouth washing.
Yes, it is hard to know what parts relate directly to use since we are no longer under the law but under the grace of God through the blood of the Lamb Jesus.
Love,
Paula
I agree with Paula, but there may be some of the laws related directly to the Ten Commandments. I will be interested in hearing how she answers your questions. That was a hard book for me to read.
Blessings,
AliceE.
Post a Comment