Be ye angry, and sin not, let not the sun go down upon your wrath.
Ephesians 4:26
A Friend of ours was hosting a life group (Bible Study) and told us a story about her and her husband. She said that when they were meeting new people and talking to others her husband would often say that they had been married for 38 years and it was the best 4 years of his life. She told how that was peircing to her because she understood the truth in which it was spoken. She went on to tell that because of hurts in previous relationships she had a lot of pent up anger and she knew she could be difficult to live with. She said "you know there are just those times when you get so mad you're going to make them pay for what they did to you". You're not going to talk to them, how dare they. After all it feels good to be mad at them. And when God prompts us to forgive and not be harsh, we say ya I'll settle up before bedtime. So we have our mad and we just want to keep our mad we deserve it.
Then she went on to say.... But at the end of the day, when you have wasted another day of your precious time here on earth with the one you claim to love. Was it worth that mad that felt so good. But at the end of the day, when you look into their eyes and can see that you've lost a little respect they once had for you, was it worth that mad that felt so good.
At the end of the day.....
That old saying "Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me" is all wrong. The words hurt. Words withheld hurt. The story was about a husband and wife, but it pertains to all relationships we may have. Parent and Child, co-workers, friends.
Let no corrupt word proceed out of you mouth but wat is good for necesssary Edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
Ephesians 4:29
I am still a work in progress, however I want to always speak kindness that encourages.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight.
Psalm 19:14
Father in the name of Jesus, let us carefully choose our words. Help us to see others the way you see them and to have a pure heart twords them. Father break our hearts for what breaks yours. In Jesus name.
Amen
Be Blessed
Lynn
3 comments:
Thanks, Lynn. A cringe of pain because having acted such a way in my past yet receiving Christ's forgiveness I still feel the pain of the repercussions of my actions. I know that is Satan because I am covered in the blood of Christ. I've been wiped clean and forgiven by Christ.
Paula
Thanks for the great word! GOD help me because I can relate to that lady in your post. Bringing past hurts into my marriage and taking it out on others that had nothing to do with it. GOD help us all that have failed in this area.
Forgive me Father, for this sin and set me free so that I can walk in victory. Continue to work on me Lord.
LaTonya/FL
Good morning Lynn,
Reading this blog and having just finished 5designs i am so convicted of my prideful attitudes, especially with my husband. Maybe I am right to feel hurt and anger in a situation but to hold that in my heart and be unforgiving is wrong. I have been reminded of that several times over the last couple days and these articles are confirmation to a work that God in doing in my heart. Thank you.
Hope all is well. We are leaving on Friday to spend some time in the Utah Desert--San rafael Swell. I love this country.
Blessings to you
katrina
Post a Comment