Well I just posted about Hula and if you haven't read it please do. I really can't remember for sure but I believe it was on our trip to Hula's graduation that this story took place.
My Dad, Mom, Sister and I were staying in a Motel. Everyone except my Sister had fallen asleep, but she was still awake watching TV. All the sudden she starts snickering, then giggling and then full fledged laughing. Well by this time the rest of us have woke up and want to know what is going on and what is so funny. She proceeds to tell us that while she was watching a military movie, they started to play the TAPS on a bugle. When this happened, our Dad sat straight up in bed and saluted the TV, then laid back down and went back to sleep. Well if I had been the one awake I would have gone hysterical laughing myself. I'm actually smiling right now. Well the ironic thing about this is the fact that my Dad never served in any branch of the military, so why he sat up and saluted we still do not know.
But I was thinking about this and it occurred to me that God wants that kind of instant obedience from us. That even in our sleep we wake up and are at attention for his call. Have you ever had a dream and made a good decision in your sleep, then woke up and felt good about it? I have and it's great, to know that I have made God such a part of my life that he is in my dreams as well. God says his sheep know His voice:
John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
John 10:28
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.
Proverbs 4:1
HEAR, MY sons, the instruction of a father, and pay attention in order to gain and to know intelligent discernment, comprehension, and interpretation [of spiritual matters].
It really struck me that my Dad sat in his bed at Attention. That is what God wants from us our attention.
Take some time to give God your attention. Give Him Praise, and Thanks, for the attention He gives you.
Father God, thank you so much for the time and attention you pay to us. That you care about every need we have and every dream and want that we envision. Help us to always focus on you and and keep you so near to us that we will hear your voice and come to attention even in our sleep.
In Jesus Name,
Amen
Be Blessed,
Lynn
Thanks for visiting leave a comment it's always nice to know you were here. Also I do have another Blog check it out too. I am doing another Bible story on it but I will be posting stories on it too so read enjoy and comment.
Lynn
5 comments:
Hi Lynn
I miss you! I haven't heard from you and your wonderful comments in a couple of postings..I just wanted to go on to a couple of important people in my life and their blogs today..and you are one of them. I had a seeing eye dog named "Kermit" back in 1997. We got him from Morristown, NJ where the seeing eye dog is located. The kids were involved in the 4-H Club, I loved those days..the problem was they were too young to train him and I had to give him back to and to another 4-H family..he was too high strung. I got a card back in 97 that they were having a hard time training him because he was so crazy, yet they knew he was eventually going to have a great home :)
When I read what you said about the Lord's direction I knew that it was exactly what I am going through now..I will be posting a new blog right now so you'll know what I mean..
God Bless you Lynn,
Donna
Love the 2 postings and was touched by Hula! Thanks for sharing and reminding us that GOD wants us to pay attention "to HIM".
Be BLessed!
LaTonya/FL
Lynn,
How are things going? I am trying to find Katrina, she is missing in action! I know she was going on a trip to Utah, but I guessed she would have been back by now. If you hear from her, tell her she was the winner of the gourd birdhouse on "Plant Lady's Ponderings." I am waiting for her to e-mail her contact information so I can ship the birdhouse via UPS. I have left her a note on her blog.
If you talk to her, tell her to e-mail me. My e-mail address in on the "And the Winner Is..." post.
Thanks,
Plant Lady
Lynn,
Hope you have a great Memorial Day and enjoy your time together with family and friends. Tonight,(Sunday) our church family is having a Memorial Day Picnic with hamburgers, hot dogs, and all the fixin's. I think we will have a time of remembrance of those who have served our country over the past 100 years. This year, 2008, marks our church's 100th Anniversary and we are trying to do some special event each month this year in celebration.
Talk to you later,
Plant Lady
Lynn, I noticed on Plant Lady's blog that you were concerned about Sharon whose husband was ordained. So was I. I left an email for someone to let me know how she was doing. I've posted on the Bible study the answer I got yesterday but I will give it to you also.
"Thank you so much for the prayers. Today is sunday and I got out of the hospital yesterday, I am in alot of pain. They did remove my gall bladder, it was pretty bad, they said I have to very careful right now, the tube they closed up have to make sure it doesn't leak or it can kill me, sooo no throwing up and my hubby has to watch my skin color, cannot turn yellow, or I have to be rushed back to the hospital. I can say I am scared, but I know the Lord has his hands on me, and I will be ok. PRAISE the Lord my liver is ok.
Thanks again for the prayers, Love you all!
Sharon"
AliceE.
Post a Comment