She curls up drawing her knees to her chest. The room is slowly growing dark. She shivers, her senses at their limit. Her mind is racing, what did she do, what did she say. Tears streaming down her face, she gasps in pain as she wipes her hair from her face.
Last time she said too much, this time she didn't speak up soon enough. How would she ever be able to get it right. If only she wasn't so dumb. If only she could get it right.
She'll work harder, no she can't tell anybody they don't understand, he just has had a hard life, he needs special love. It's her fault he got upset. He loves her so much she just needs to be better.
Wow, how did she get here. She never thought she'd be the one to let someone treat her this way. She doesn't feel worthy of anything any more. She gave up her friends long ago to prove her love. Her family members have heard too many "wolf cries" only to have her go back again. There is no where to turn even if she wanted to. He'd just find her anyway. Oh the baby should make us a happy family. He'll be so happy to have a son.
Oh no the baby is crying I've got to get to him first. No I didn't let the baby cry on purpose. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's okay sweetheart Mommy is here, mommy won't let anything happen to you. Not ever!
4 Million women a year are assaulted by their partners. In 1 of 4 cases women will also experience sexual abuse. Every 9 seconds in the United States a woman is assaulted and beaten.
No little girl decides they want to grow up to be abused. It is a process that happens little by little. First it is trying to prove that they love the other, then it is excusing a blow up that results in yelling. Then the yelling turns in to name calling and belittling. Then one day it's a shove, a push, a slap a fist. Most cases are not reported, they are ashamed or scared. Some cases are reported only when it is too late for fatal. And don't discount verbal abuse as not being as bad as physical - words can hurt.
God created the universe with His words. We can tear down our world, or others with our words. Please pray for the abused women (and Men) and children among us. They are all around us and are often unnoticed. They put on their best game face and we never know.
Jesus came to heal the broken hearted. Pray the hurting don't hurt others. Pray they get the help they need to break the cycle of abuse. Pray they come to Jesus and feel his Love.
Be Blessed!
Lynn
2 comments:
Amen, There are so many people out there that are abused. And yes you are right it doesn't have to be with force, people can tear you down with there mouth's and there hurtful ways!! I remember being the girl crying inside, and there are still times I find myself crying inside, but it's for the Love of my Lord, maybe I did something yesterday or said something and he will convict me everytime, and I am so sorry that it happened! Tonight I will pray for this abuse though, pray that those that are being abused will find help and that they are not captive, and put God in there lives. Great post!
Be Blessed
Sharon
I got to go to the Joyce Meyers conference it truly was awesome
Lynn,
I agree with Sharon, a great post. We do need to pray for the women who are abused. I can also relate to verbal abuse. My father verbally abused my mother and I never realized it until I was grown and married that because I heard the words I was also verbally abused. A counselor told me that. I know that my father accepted Jesus as his Saviour because God showed me 3 times that he was a Christian. In fact he was in the hospital one time. He was declared legally blind at age 55. He could see to get around the house and even walked over town to talk with his friends who kept him up to date on the news of our small town. He started falling and had to stop the walking. The day in the hospital, he told me that he had a dream that he died and went to heaven and he could see. I said, you love Jesus don't you, daddy, and he said yes with tears running down his face. He only went to the 2nd grade so he couldn't read or write (only his name). My mother was his Bible. She would go for days and not say anything then one day she would come to our house next door crying because of some things he had said to her. He lived to be 83 and after he was gone my mother never remembered those things. I can still hear her saying that she had a good husband. She live to be 89 and a real prayer warrior.
We never know what people are going through because like you said they don't want anyone to know.
Thanks for reminding us to pray for these people,
AliceE.
Post a Comment