Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Monday, December 22, 2008

Dreaming of a White Christmas?

Well I grew up in Southern Oregon where we always had a white Christmas. So it was hard to perceive someone not. When I moved to northern Oregon several years ago and they closed school for 2" of snow it really bewildered me. However after seeing how people drive in it, it wasn't a mystery any more.
A lot of the city is closed down. To tell you how bad it is - McDonald's and Taco Bell were closed. A lot of the smaller stores were closed, which was expected but when the chain stores closed. :(.

When you are not accustomed to it you don't know how to handle it. Well for the city that doesn't often get snow, here a a few shots from my window. (I don't have boots anymore - may have to get some) So didn't venture out in it very far.













And after these photos were taken we got approx 1-2 more inches and now this morning it is snowing some more.
So whether or not I was dreaming of a White Christmas - I got one. It really is beautiful!

For all my blogg'n friends that haven't experienced snow, you might have to come visit someday.

Merry CHRISTmas everyone.
Lynn

3 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!

As for a white Christmas, we had one once that I can remember. My sister could not come because of all the ice and show. We usually don't get snow at Christmas, well, hardly ever, but I prefer that the weather is at least cold. I think we'll have 70 degree weather this Christmas. Today the highs are in the 40's, down into the 20's tonight but warming up for the BIG DAY!

Plant Lady

Paula V said...

We are no strangers to snow AND ice in my parts. We do have many people who freak out over it. Working for a college, we get calls in the morning asking if we are having class in the evening. Everyone was in a tizzy last week and the forecasters were wrong...not a speck! The joys of working at a college.

I do think snow is beautiful and magical; however, I would not be able to survive in your parts where the town closes so easily. I don't like the feeling of not being able to get gas or food or whatever's need.

Have a blessed Christmas, Lynn.
Love ya,
Paula

From the Heart said...

I remember when I was growing up that we used to get really big snows. But over the years they have gradually stopped. Sometimes we get maybe an inch or two or an ice storm that really knocks everything off.

Have a very Merry Christmas.
Luv u,
AliceE.