Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Monday, December 29, 2008

What's up for the New Year?

HI Everyone!

Well it's that time again. You know those "New Years Resolutions" that we swear we will keep this year. Or maybe you have convinced your self that you just won't make any that way you won't break them.

Well, whether they are goals, plans, or resolutions, God is the God of increase and He wants us to grow.

So here are some of my "Plans" and "Goals" that I am purposing to do in 2009.

* I have been eating better and have lost 7 pounds, I am going to keep going and reach my goal weight. I am going to fit exercise into my schedule more regularly.
* I am on learning Hebrew (and maybe Greek) to better understand God's word and will continue.
* I have committed to read through the Chronological Bible along with over 700 women (and men) with Wendy Pope from P31 Ministries. (Go to Wordly Wise tab on top of home page)
* I have signed up to do scripture memorizing withthe Siestas on the LPM Blog .

But over all I want to commit to being diligent in all that I do, to finish what I start. Grow closer to God and my family.

How about you? Have you thought of how you want to grow this year. How you want God to use you? What's up for you?

Blessings,
Lynn

6 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,

My new year will consist of looking for a new job. I juat received word a few days before Christmas that my employer's largest client will be letting their lease expire when the contract ends this month. There are some other clients, but I don't think the business will survive without this large one.

I have worked with interior plantscapes for around twenty years now and I don't see myself remaining in this type of job. I love the work, love the ability to set my own schedule, and love the freedom it gives me to help with the farm. My employer has been great in helping me find possible opportunities so I'm just waiting to see what pops up.

I know God will provide, so I'm not worrying. God has already been at work because I have had three inquiries about interest in purchasing some of my gourds. Any extra income helps make ends meet when you are unsure about these trying times we live in. I would appreciate all prayers that are offered up on my behalf.

My other plans for the new year are to become closer to God, read the Word more and be a better servant to those around me. With God's help, all of these things will make me a better person.

My prayers for the new year are for those who have lost or will lose their jobs. In this economy, I'm afraid we will see more job losses. I hope they turn toward God and put their hope and trust in Him.

Well, that about covers my plans for the new year. Nothing really earth shaking, but I'm sure its enough to keep me busy.

Plant Lady

Edie said...

Hi Lynn, I'm going to begin by decluttering both in my home and in my thoughts and activities. I want and need to make more *room* for God.

Enjoy your New Year!

betty said...

hi; first time visiting your journal; I like all your resolutions; all seem like they are "doable"!!

my resolution is to be more like Jesus in this year; to love like he loves, to serve like he served, etc

Happy New Year! may it be a blessed one for you and your family :)

betty

From the Heart said...

My goals? I haven't really given it much thought. My desire is to read God's Word more, pray more and be able to hear that still small voice telling me, or prompting me what I should or should not do. I'm limited in a lot of physical things but I'm sure there is more that I can do for my Lord as He has done so much for me.
Thanks for the "food for thought".
AliceE.

Paula V said...

Hi Lynn. Haven't really thought of any goals. I sure could eat better, exercise, do more discpline reading/studying of God's Word, better quiet time.

I love your blog layout.

Sharon said...

It will be a new ME not only of myself but more with my Lord!
Happy New Year my friend looking forward to sharing more of God's word with you next year
God Bless
Sharon