Happy New Year and What a great way to start it off... Reading the Bible. As I posted before I am reading the "One year Chronological Bible" (NLT) with a whole bunch of women from around the world, but it's being hosted by Wendy Pope from Proverbs 31 Ministries. She has done a post about today's reading and then we can comment. Today we read Genesis 1-3.
I wanted to share what I got from today's reading and the comment I made.
Wendy,
I'm sure I'll say it at least a hundred times during this journey - but Thank you for hosting this.
I like that you pointed out about God Said, I went back and looked at that. And I want to highlight it or underline it too. Our words are so powerful and we do need to be so careful with them. (A life long journey for me) :)I was touched with the fact that with one decision or act of disobedience the ripple affect of the lives that are changed. I thought of how sad they must have been to know that they blew it. Wondered if they cried because they no longer had that close fellowship with God in the garden any more. About the Tree.. I believe God from the beginning wanted us to choose Him. He wanted our fellowship and us to have free will. With out the tree He could not teach us of true love, because with out choice is it really love, or is it servitude. Your right this going to be great.
Lynn
It's a new day and a new year... A fresh beginning like what we received when Jesus went to the cross for us. If you haven't received that free gift, please do. Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins, to come into your heart and be the Lord of your life. What a wonderful way to start your new year. (For more information on Salvation you can go to Kenneth Copeland Ministry or Joyce Meyer Ministry.
Happy New Years!
Blessings,
Lynn
6 comments:
Hi Lynn! May God richly bless you as He brings you into the New Year!
Lynn,
Happy New Year!
Plant Lady
that's awesome to be reading the Chronological Bible this year as a group thing! I read my Bible daily, cover to cover (meaning I start at Genesis, go through all the books, stop at Revelation and then start again in Genesis, takes about 13 months give or take a day, LOL); I thought about doing the Chronological Bible but I write in my Bible so I like re-reading what I got from other times through as well as adding new insights the Lord gives me, make sense?
I liked your comment that you left for Wendy; it is so true that the Lord wants us to have free will; he wants someone who wants to have a relationship with him; not a puppet that he could control
I hope you and your family have a great new year Lynn! looking forward to reading more of your journal and your sharings in this new year
betty
Sounds great. I would love to join in.
Hope you have a great New Year.
AliceE.
I am blessed by your comments on Wendy's blog. Thanks for your accountability and insights on this journey!
Post a Comment