Two years later I found out I was pregnant. Wow was I a happy camper or what. I was so thankful and told everyone it was my miracle baby. From day one the pregnancy went fine with no hitches.
One night it was getting dark and I looked out the front window, Oh no someone had hit a Mama Opossum. There were little babies walking a little ways away from the Mom and then back to her not knowing what to do. Well I don't know if it was hormones or what but I just got so emotional about this. I was crying I got down on my knees and prayed, asking God to make sure I was OK and able to take care of my Baby. After I calmed down a little I remember asking God to make sure the baby would be healthy and whole all fingers and toes with no deformities or health problems, then I said "And if you were already going to do that ... could you make her pretty too?" At one point they thought it might be a boy, but in my heart I knew it was a girl.
That night in the middle of the night, I thought I peed the bed. :) My amniotic sac
tore and I was leaking fluid. So we rushed to the hospital and found I would need to stay a while and lay flat on my back. The Doctors wanted to make sure that I didn't get an infection or rip the sac further and they need to do tests, lots and lots of test on the amniotic fluid. They said that the baby would go into trauma mode and mature quicker and the lungs are the last thing to develop. So they would test the fluid and then they could tell how mature the lungs were. I had gone into labor 3 times and they stopped it so the baby had more time to mature. Well on the Friday the 23rd of June 1984 they ran the test and the baby's lungs weren't quite ready. Monday the 26th, they ran the test again and she was within safe range, so they put me on an IV to induce labor, 23 1/2 hrs later I had my daughter.
So 24 years ago today at 9:35AM I gave birth to a little baby girl. Now when I say little I mean little - 4# 10oz. She was 4 weeks early by due date and 6 weeks early by size. But she was and is completely healthy and whole. And since God was doing that already, He made her beautiful too. :)
I was never able to conceive or give birth to anymore children and so when she was 9 I had endured the pain for 12 years and decided to have the hysterectomy.
But it doesn't end there. In 1997, my husband and I got married and I inherited two more children, another Daughter, who's married and now has a Daughter and Son,and a Son who is married. So now we have 3 kids, their spouses, and 4 grandchildren. (both Daughters have a Daughter and a Son.)
It may be Baby Girls Birthday... But I'm truly Blessed.
God is good all the time.
Lynn

November 2006
1 comment:
Hi Lynn,
I love miracles! Thanks for sharing your miracle and your faith and confidence in the Lord to answer prayers. I'm glad you trusted in God and did not have the hysterectomy-God planned for your little girl and the joy that she brings to your lives. My hubby's mom was told she never would have children, so they adopted. About 14 years later, she became pregnant with him and then-2 years later, his brother.
It's all in God's timing!
You and I are so much alike, even down to some of the experiences that we've had. When you mentioned the story about the mama opossum, I know exactly what you meant. I went to the mailbox to check the mail for Daddy and ran across one who had been killed and the babies had come out of her pouch and were walking back and forth on the road around her. I felt so sorry for them wandering around, not knowing what had happened to their mother.
I knew they would die eventually, but for some reason I felt like I needed to go ahead and kill them to keep them from suffering, but I could not bring myself to do it. I asked my dad, but he would not do it either. I guess he figured he needed to let Nature take its course. God has set up a plan for everything and He knows best.
I'm off to the Farmer's Market now, but will probably post late this evening. I am going to a neighbor's wedding today at 3:00 p.m. Mr. Plant Lady has been asked to video it and also to take pictures.
Talk to you later,
Plant Lady
Post a Comment