Hello,
I am not sure what I am writing here but God gave me a word about rebellion about a week ago and has wanted me to share it. So here it is and I am just believing that God is going to give me the words to finish this.
I was on my way to work and I thinking about some people that I thought were being rebellious so I started praying about them and of course was asking God to reveal any area in my life that I was being rebellious so I could change it if need be. Well God shared with me that Rebellion is an act of selfishness. For just a second I was wondering what He meant. But here it is.... If you are supposed to do something and you don't it is because you are choosing to do what you want rather that what you are supposed to do. That's selfish. If you are choosing to do things your way instead of Gods way you are being selfish. You are telling God you like your way better. That you can do it better.
Isaiah 1:19 If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land;
20 but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword." For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.
It is so hard when you have tasted the good of God, to see others rebel and not follow Him. Our Pastor says once you have tasted the good of God you are ruined for sin. It is not that you will never sin again it's that you will never feel comfortable in it again. You may be doing something but you just can't enjoy it like you used to because you know that you are out of the will of God. You know that life is much more than just you.
There is turmoil that we suffer, but in James 4:7 we see that through obedience we can have peace from the oppressions that would, try to come against us.
James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
So many of God's promises are hinged with an "IF", and the if is contingent on our obedience or our rebellion. We have free will to choose how we are going to respond to every moment and situation in our lives. Our rebellion will afford us the curses, but our obedience will award us the blessings.
If you still want to be selfish, please know your selfishness comes with an "IF". Then ask yourself if the "IF" is worth what benefit that selfishness affords you.
Be Smart... Be Blessed
Lynn
4 comments:
Amen,
Yes We have been discussing this in our church as well. I too see alot of people getting caught up in this. Sometimes I catch myself start getting caught up in things and because I hear from god, I have learned to back out. Because i want to do what is right, no back stabbing, no murmuring, no he said, she said.. I only want to do what god would do, and this is my thinking. thank you for reminding me, we need that every now and then.
Hugggsss and Blessings to you and your family
Sharon
Lynn,
Great post! I think at times, we can all be rebellious in some way or another. It is very easy to fall into that trap and I have to continually check myself because it will "creep" in unnoticed if I am not careful. The Bible reminds us to "Be alert" to the schemes of the devil and he does love rebellion.
Obedience is the better way!
Blessings!
Plant Lady
Hi! Thanks for the comment on my post. I have been going thru a storm on my job so pray my strength in the Lord. I love this post on rebellion and selfishness. It's a reminder to "deny self" and walk in GOD's will. Obedience is definately better than sacrifice. Thanks for being concerned.
Many blessings,
LaTonya
I enjoyed your post. I put the answer to my picture on my comments of my blog.
AliceE.
Post a Comment