Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Little Hands

One Sunday in church we were in the middle of a worship song when I glanced over at our youngest daughter, holding her daughter. Our daughter was caught up in the moment, eyes closed one arm around her toddler, and one had raised to God. As she gently rocked back and forth singing to the Lord, Our granddaughter was squinting her eyes and peeking through to see what her Mama was doing. Our granddaughter had one arm on her Mom one in the air. What a precious sight this was. The faith of a child.

Jesus says in Mark 10:15
I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

Not starting out in life with this type of faith and dedication, it is so comforting to know that our granddaughter has such an early start at living life right. That she may not forgo the trials that I or our daughter had to face.

We all come to God at different stages and in different conditions, God just wants us to come. I heard a song the other day and I just caught a piece of it, but it said "I'd rather die than to live without you." At first I was puzzled, then I realized that it was as if Jesus was saying that to us from the cross. I am eager to hear the song again so I can get the rest of it. But it has caused me to really reflect on God's love for us. He would rather die, than to live without us. He takes us where we are at for who we are, but He loves the child like faith.

With little hands raised to God without hesitation or inhibition. No worldly views to make her question Gods greatness.

Hebrews 4:16
So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.


Be Blessed,
Lynn

7 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Good Morning Lynn,
Such a profound message in the small act of a child! It is so wonderful that Jesus died for our sins in order for us to share in eternal life with Him! When I think of His sacrifice, I am overwhelmed with His love. He is truly wonderful!

Have a great BLESSED day!
Plant Lady

Paula V said...

OMGosh!!!!! What this immediately brought to my mind was that your grdaughter was mimicking and following your daughter's lead. It goes to show how much power parents have and how much of an influence parents can be. They say the mother-daughter and father-son are the most powerful and influential. Not sure who they are but I've always heard the same sex parent has the greatest influence.

Regarding that song, my first thought was that the words meant the singer was writing how he/she/we would rather die than to live without You, God. At least that is how I feel. I would rather die than be without Christ. Actually, I'm sure I would've already tempted to leave this world during the greatest tragedy of my life if it had not been for Christ.

How precious though to think that God would rather die than to live without us. Of course, we know if we were the ONLY one, Christ STILL would have taken the Cross.
Love to you,
Paula

Michelle V said...

Lynn,

I just loved that about your daughter and granddaughter with their hands lifted in praise. What a beautiful sight that must have been for you!

Blessings
Michelle

Sharon said...

Lynn,

That was awesome, touched my heart as well. I agree with paula, I thought the same thing about her mimicking, and then Last night at church there was a 1year and 2 mths old baby standing in the middle of the aisle, he looked at all of us and raised his arms up both, and smiled, he stood there for about 2 minutes holding the beautiful pose. I couldn't even concentrate on my own worship watching this baby. awesommme

Love visiting you sight.
Sharon

GOD'S LADIE said...

What a beautiful moment that must have been! I love it when my boys recite their prayers at night and praise GOD in church with me. I love it when they lift their little hands in worship. I have heard from my two youngest boys teacher at daycare that sometimes she will hear them singing about JESUS and Hallelujah. Praise GOD! Thanks for your beautiful comment on my blog. I am there for you as well. ;)
God's favor upon you,
LaTonya/FL

Shirley Mary said...

Lynn, thanks for visiting my blog after an absence of my not posting. The decision to only post once a week was definitely the right decision. I have more time just to read in a leisurely fashion and go at a slower pace.

I surely enjoyed reading "Little Hands" and I know the joy that is felt when you feel that the torch has been passed to the next generation.

I remember one day when our great grand son was playing with his Thomas train. The engine or one of the little cars fell off of the track. He picked it up and rocking it in his arms starting singing, "Jesus Loves You." He was doing exactly what had been done to him when he was hurt.
Yes, our children are mirrors that reflect what we teach them.

mary

Shirley Mary said...

Well, actually, the song is, "Jesus Loves Me" but it works either way! When we take our great grandchildren to the Children's Center we sing most of the way and the song, "Jesus loves the little children" we replace the "little children" with their name.

mary