Hello All,
Just a quick post to let you know I had a wonderful weekend. My Husband and I went to the southern Oregon coast to be with my Dad and his wife. (She's a wonderful lady great cook and takes good care of my Dad, so she's not a step Mom she's a Mom by marriage.)
We got there on Friday just in time to hook up with them and see some awesome fireworks.
So M-Mom made us an awesome brunch bake (kind of like a quiche) and fresh fruit. Then we hung out all day Saturday did some sight seeing of local attractions. My Dad is retired and volunteers at a Indian Fish Hatchery so we got to feed the baby fish and take a tour and get a little education on how they grow the fish from Egg to release. Then we had dinner (We ate too much all day)then visited the rest of the evening.
Next morning we hooked up again... you guessed it to eat breakfast. Do you see a pattern here?:) Then said good bye.
It was a great time good fellowship. Nice to relax and refuel and continue to build those family ties.
Hope all of your weekends were fun too. ( I know Plant Lady's she had homemade Ice Cream. :) )
Be Blessed,
Lynn
Lynn
4 comments:
Your 4th sounds like fun. Ours was pretty quiet...I read your comment on Donna's Blog...During our prayer time at church this evening I felt led to pray about listening to the quiet voice...about how loud some voices are and how they try to drown the voice of God...during our walk home I voiced concerns such as are we where we should be? and a few other "How comes???, I read an email from TGIF and that email spoke about Elijah and God's Voice ...then I went to Donna's blog and read your comment. God is good All the Time! Thank you for making yourself available to Him...
Debrah
Lynn,
I get confused sometimes with the two blogs, but I think I've got it straight now. Your week-end sounded wonderful. After the trip to VB I was so exhausted I wasn't sure I would get to go anywhere, but by Friday afternoon I was feeling better. We went to my husband's youngest brother's home (about 1 1/2 hr.from where we live)for a family cook-out. His brother is so empathic when it comes to family. We have been doing this for a long time. Their parents died in the early 70's and everybody doesn't come because they live too far away, but we had a good time anyway.
Thanks for keeping me in your prayers,
AliceE.
Sounds like you had a great time! Sorry I haven't been by lately, I have been away and busy and going thru. Hoping to go on vacation soon! Glad to hear your weekend was such fun and I hope the rest of your week is blessed and favor-filled.
Be blessed,
LaTonya
Lynn,
How are you? I'm glad your weekend went well. When you mentioned going with your Dad to the Indian Fish Hatchery it reminded me of the times we would go to the mountains.
Fish hatcheries were a favorite place to visit as a child. I think we covered about all of them when we went on vacation. Sometimes visiting hours would be over, but Daddy managed to talk the staff into a "private tour."
When you mentioned that in your post, it brought a big smile to my face. Fish Hatchery Dads - another of the things we have in common! Ha! Ha!
Post a Comment