Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Monday's Cover to Cover


I'm posting early this week. :) I usually can't post until I get home from work and my 5-6pm on the west coast is late for the others Hope that's okay! Plus I had the time now.

Okay I am going to refer back to last week for a little bit so I can add to it. Last week King Hezekiah tore his clothes (a sign of humbling himself) then went and prayed to God. He wanted God to be offended by what was being said about Him from King Sennacherib through Rabshakeh (which stands for army leader). God told Hezekiah that He did hear him and that He would take care of Sennacherib and Assyria. So one morning the people wake up and 185,000 have died in the night. (the death angel had come). Well Sennacherib tucked his tail between his legs and ran back home to Neneveh, but he obviously wasn't scared enough because he was worshiping in the temple of Nisroch- (his god). Well God took care of that too, Sennacherib was killed by two of his sons, and then yet another of his sons ended up reigning in his place.
See God told Hezekiah He would take care of him and he did. Time and time again God's word tells us that He will take care of us but we still have trouble releasing our cares to God.

Isaiah 40:2 When it says Double for all her sins, I wasn't sure was meant but looking in to commentary it means, double coverage. Not just covering the sin like the law, but taking it away like we have now in the New Testament with the blood of Jesus.

Isaiah 40:3-5 Prepare the Highway - Meaning God's work in our heart
vs 4 Every valley shall be exalted and every mountain and hill brought low. The crooked places shall be made straight.
God knows what each of us need to make our hearts right for Him - then in the beginning of vs 5 "The glory of the Lord shall be revealed." Once our hearts are right Gods glory can shine through.

Isaiah 40:31 A favorite of mine:
But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Do you know why God references Eagles - they fly above the storms, we should too. God should be our everything, Is He?

Isaiah 43:1 "Fear Not" I've heard that it says fear not or do not fear 365 times in the Bible, once for each day. Then the verse goes on to say "I have called you by name" God named us in the womb, what was your name? Love, peace, strength, warrior, teacher, joyous, - when God looks at us do we live up to the name that He gave us in the womb?

Isaiah 43:18-19
“ Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the Wilderness And rivers in the desert.
vs 25
I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins.
How many of us are still living in the past? What are we holding onto good or bad that is hindering the path of our future? How can God give us increase if we can't step forward to receive it?

What lingers this week is that we need to cast our cares, we need to trust God more to do the things He has so many times promised that He will do. And as much as God forgets our transgressions to Him and His children that we do, we need to let go of those done to us. We need to walk upright so that He can do a work in us that shines for other to see. Be the salt and light that bring others to God.

Have a Blessed Week!
Lynn

8 comments:

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Double coverage! How I love that! And a verse on fear for every day of our year! Great Job Lynn! Love your heart for Him!

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,
Just dropping by to say hi!
Hope you have a great day tomorrow!

Plant Lady

Shirley Mary said...

Very good post, Lynn.

Also, thank you for passing the "Award of the Heart" to me. I felt honored and certainly I was surprised.
I don't know how to link to other blogs,but perhaps in time I'll learn.

Thanks again!

mary

debrah said...

Hi Lynn
Great Post! Fear also causes some of us to be double minded and indecisive...How sad when we don't receive the promises of God...
God is so merciful and patient with us that He encourages us to take even the smallest of steps toward walking in His Will. I believe that He even will correct us when we take a wrong step. Many times I am paralyzed because I don't know which way to go...what freedom when the realization that God loves you and wants you to be walking in His will...He will guide you but you need to get up and walk...
In His Love
Debrah

Plant Lady said...

Thanks Lynn! I will try to find some study or a good book to try and focus on. I plan to visit a local Christian book store tomorow and see if anything leaps out on me.

Mr. Plant Lady gave me one of C.S. Lewis' books, "The Screwtape Letters" for my birthday. If I don't find a study of interest, I might read that book.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers.

I think if I can be refreshed I might find it easier to keep up the posts on a regular basis.

Lots of Love,
Plant Lady

From the Heart said...

Lynn, Thanks for your comments. I will always consider you a friend. Also, thanks for letting me know about Donna, I was beginning to get worried about her. I did let LaTonya know.
You are so sweet and have a way of making people feel good about themselves.
AliceE.

From the Heart said...

Lynn,
I tagged you. Visit my blog for the instructions. You're a great friend! I'm excited to learn six new things about you!
AliceE.

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,
I "tagged" you also!
Stop by my blog to get directions.

Plant Lady