Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Great Expectations

You know we all have them - great and small.

So what causes them?

A desire - Do we expect because we desire or hope?
A conditioning from our past - Do we expect our life to go a certain way because of what has happened to us in the past.
A feeling of entitlement - Do you expect because by golly you deserve it and life owes you something.

Do your expectations let you down, leaving you angry, sad, deprived or empty?

We can still be executor's with out the baggage if we learn to have the right expectations. We need to focus our expectations on God. God gives us so many promises of peace, love, joy, and prosperity. He has told us that He will cover all of our needs and give us the desires of our hearts. We only have to delight ourselves in Him and be obedient to His word.

Cast your cares on God for He cares for you. Turn your expectations towards Him who can greatly reward you.

Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn


PS I have a new post on the other blog too! Please check them both out and leave comments it's nice to see who's visiting. :)

4 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,
Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!

Love,
Plant Lady

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,
Yes, we have plans to go down to the beach for a nice seafood dinner and then walk on the strand and watch the fireworks.

We have just returned from a local high school football field where we have a community fireworks display each year. They were great this year! Some years leave much to be desired, but considering our small town budget, they are pretty nice.

The attendance was around 1,000. We have a special spot that we get each year and it makes for easy exiting when it's over.

Tonight's finale was shorter than usual. It seems as though they had technical difficulties. But all in all,it was a good show.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's.

Love,
Plant Lady

From the Heart said...

Lynn,
Thanks for your comments. Your's sorta goes along the same lines as mine.

I'm doing okay. We went to my oldest daughter's in Virginia Beach last Sunday to take our grandchildren. Her birthday was Tuesday so we didn't come home until Wednesday. I'm just now beginning to feel like myself again. The trip to her house is long and very tiresome but the children were great. The most peaceful trip we've made with them in a long time. Their mother, my youngest daughter, went up yesterday and will bring them back on Sunday. It was the first time she had driven that far by herself and her dad called her about every hour to make sure she was ok and on the right road. He doesn't usually do that kind of thing, but I guess he was a little concerned. I was proud of him.

We're going to my brother-in-laws house for a cook-out this afternoon. It's about an hour from where we live.

Hopefully after today or the weekend I can get back to reading your other post and everyone else's.
Have a great day,
AliceE.

Kaytlynn said...

Hey Lynn,
Thanks for the comment. To answer your question, that wasn't my own diary. However, this year as a freshmen in high school, I had a close friend who got pregant. So I took some of the things she went through and put it into the diary. Others were just me imaging what it would be like. Have a great day!