Well, I've been tagged! AliceE and by Plant Lady have tagged me for a new game going on out here in "Bloggy Land." I am supposed to give you 6 tidbits of info about me.
Since I was double tagged so does that mean that I need to give 12 random things about me? :)
Here are the tag rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Okay now to the juicy stuff.
1. I had a job pumping gas at a service station when I was in high school. I even learned how to change tires, do oil changes and tune-ups. (don't tell my honey though he takes care of that for me now)
2. My Mother and I flew on a Navy Jet from Portland to Ashland to attend the dedication of the VFW hall in honor of my Great Grandfather who had been awarded the Congressional Medal of honor. And while we were waiting for the jet to be ready to fly us back to Portland there was a 2 hour wait. So a General and a Commander escorted us through Lythia Park. They were in their full Military dress and of Course we had dressed up for the occasion so it was kind of fun watching people watch us. I had fun imagining who they thought we must be to have Military escorts. :) There is also a statue at the Oregon State capitol in Salem with a plaque describing him and his honors. Here's a link to a post about him what they did. "Frank C. High".
3. I raised a Seeing Eye Dog when I was 11 and got to present her to her Blind Owner. (See my previous posts labeled Hula)
4. I played Flute in a marching band. I was in a parade two years in a row. "The Spud Festival"
Now remember I grew up in a small farming community. I also was in a marching band here in the Portland area and we did half time at a football game at our High School.
5. I was held hostage at gun point by our neighbor when I was 17. (That story would probably make a good post for praising God)
6. I was a Cheerleader and FFA Queen but never got to perform any duties because we moved 3 weeks into the school year.
Now I get to tag someone else. Now this is hard because two of the people I would tag tagged me. I may tag them anyway... We'll see.
1. I tag Sharon. She has a sweet loving spirit. I would think she's the type to stand in the background waiting to see who needs something done. She'll have to let me know if I am right.
2. I tag Paula She has been growing so much by going through her own personal trials. She has been breaking down the word right and left.
3. I tag Debrah I'm just getting to know her and she is going to do my Bible Study with me. I'm eager to get to know her better.
4. I tag Karen. She doesn't have her blog completely set up but we have been e-mailing and maybe I can get her to finish it. She is so sweet and full of life. She also likes to quilt.
5. I tag LaTonya She's so thoughtful and caring. Good to give an encouraging word.
6. I tag Sallye. I met her through the "I am" Study, and she is also going to to do my Study. I am also eager to get to know her better.
Well I think I did it. Hope you enjoy my "Random Tid Bits"
Be Blessed,
Lynn
7 comments:
Good Morning Lynn:
Thank you for tagging me...
I had copied and pasted my comment on Alice's blog and then went to plant lady's and pasted it on her blog...from there I proceeded to your blog and oops can no longer paste...so you have be spared from the original babbling...basically my response was that I have a no frills blog and will attempt to do all the cool stuff I see on other blogs when the temps cool down...
and I would have tagged the people who have already been tagged (you,Plant Lady and Alice)...
Have a great week-end.
In His Love,
Debrah
Lynn,
You mentioned that you were an FFA Queen. What a coincidence?! Mr. Plant Lady was a National FFA Officer!
Lots of Love
Plant Lady
Lynn,
Thank you for tagging me. Your sweet comments are very nice. And yes you are correct, I would be.
How often are you doing this with the study is it once a week?? how much? Let me know :)
Huggs
Sharon
Oh yea question how do you get rid of some of your posts without deleting them. Like if you only want july you know for that month to be up there. thanks for the help
Lynn,
I may be interested in doing the study with you. Is it once a week, daily, etc?? I have seen Joyce Meyers on television a time or two. I am not that familiar with her books.
You can e-mail me with the details, letting me know when you will start, the name of the book, etc.
E-Mail: carolinadesigns@embarqmail.com
Plant Lady
I tried and looked for what you said i could not find.. Sooo when you have time will you look that up for me??
Let me know on the study ok.. I have the book but I haven't had a chance to read it, Been real busy lately with the BIG book.
Hope you are having a great weekend!! Church was so good today... How was yours
Sharon
Lynn,
thanks for tagging me... My you have had QUITE the life! I don't have a blog up yet as you know, but maybe you will be successful in getting me to finish it! :)
Have a great week!
Karen
I was tagged! :) I have been well. I can't complain. I praise GOD for life, health and strength. I took a little mini vacation and am trying to figure out where GOD is trying to lead me as far as ministry and career is concerned. Just pray my strength and for GOD to reveal HIS plan and purpose for my life. With that being said, hope all has been well with you. I have my post up. I also am planning on posting something by the end of the week.
Enduring,
LaTonya
Post a Comment