Hi Everyone
As I was looking for something yesterday I came across some letters that I had written to my "girls". A couple of years ago I took my daughter by marriage SL, her daughter CC, my daughter CT, and our daughter in law MF to lunch and a theatrical play "Peter Pan". It was Princess Day. I made them little goodie bags and put special hand written cards inside to each of them. I'm not sure why but I feel compelled to share them with you I guess as I write God will lead where I need to go with this.
My Dearest SL
Full of caring kindness. Always wanting to do more for everyone she loves. I've seen you step out of your comfort zones and you're becoming a bolder person. I see you with your children, the love and compassion that you have for them. The kind of love that God has for his children. Delight yourself in Him - He will give you the desires of your heart.
You are beautiful inside and out. Thanks for your friendship, I love you with all my heart.
Lynnie
My Sweet CC
What a pleasure it has been for me to watch you grow into a beautiful young lady. Don't be in too big of a hurry to finish growing up, it will come soon enough. But today will never come again, enjoy each day, there is something good in each of them. Always seek to see yourself through Gods eyes. He sees you much differently than your natural eyes see you. Seek Him first in all that you do and His blessings will overtake you. Thank you for spending your day with me, I love you with all my heart, Grandma
My Peaceful CT
Full of mercy and grace. Always seeking the good in everyone. Quick to forgive and excuse - Blessed are the peacemakers. I know you best as you know yourself. But I see you the way that God sees you. Beautiful, Kind, Sweet and Loving. None of us are where we need to be, but thanks to Jesus we're not where we used to be. Cherish yourself and your family. You have blossomed with motherhood. Thanks for all you are, I love you with all my heart, Mom
My Wonderful MF
Always eager to please. Our best daughter in law. She cooks, She cleans, She's all that and a bag of chips. God knew you in your Mothers womb - and what was your name? Joyful, Faithful, Patient, Overcomer... God has placed you where you are at such a time for a reason. All your struggles in life can make you stronger if you let them. A diligent man prospers. Hold fast to your confessions and don't grow weary. Thanks for all you are, I love you with all my heart. Mom #3
My other girl CT's daughter was only 2 at the time so she did not come with us. But Baby J's letter would have talked of her beauty and inquisitiveness. Full of energy and life, and encouraging her to funnel it towards Jesus.
Each one of my girls, have their own uniqueness that crafted what I said to them. We all have our things in life that we have to overcome, that's why God called us over comers. Some are shy, some battle health, some addictions, some insecurity, some depression. I have been fortunate that I have not had to deal with a lot of depression in my life. However I do have some friends that have had bouts that have caused them to be bed ridden for days. My first advice to them was they needed more Jesus, but secondly and I've heard several speakers and Pastors state, if you are busy helping others you don't have time to think about yourself and whatever you think you are missing.
I gained so much joy that day watching my "girls" bask in the encouragement I gave them. To see themselves through Gods eyes. And the lunch and the play were just a bonus.
Wow it's been too long, sounds like I better whip up another girls day and this time we'll include Baby J.
Be encouraged and Be an encourager.
Blessings,
Lynn
5 comments:
What a sweet gift you gave to each of your girls. Not only did you have a beautiful day with them but you went a step further and gave them such precious love notes.
You are blessed to have so many women and wonderful children in your life.
I see you updated your blog list with the details. It's wonderful, huh?
Love,
Paula
What a wonderful post! To be both encouraged and an encourager is truly a blessed life. I pray that all have a peaceful week full of restoration and rest in the Lord Jesus.
Debrah
Awww that was so cool, You had a Blessed Day! your notes to them were very touching. Yes You all should do that again, it sounds like it uplifted you as well.
How are things otherwise, hope you have a blessed week.
Hugggs to you and blessings to your family----family's as well
Sharon
Lynn,
What a nice thing to do for your girls! I think a note from the heart is one of the best things you cangive a person. I wrote a letter to my daddy one Father's Day recalling the many special times that we shared together and the memories of Mama that we shared. He was so proud of the letter - he shared it with several of his friends. I think it was the most memorable gift that I ever gave him.
We should never "put off" telling someone of our feelings for them - we just don't know how much it will help encourage them and when it might be our "last time."
Blessings,
Plant Lady
P.S. I am participating in a game on The Gallager's (Christi) blog. It is fun! Check it out! You might want to participate.
Lynn,
I'm back from my birthday trip!
We had a great time and I took some photos with my new camera.
When I post tomorrow, I'll tell everyone about the trip. It was so nice, we decided to go again in the Fall when the leaves have turned colors - the peak time to go to the mountains, in my opinion!
This time, we will probably take Mr. Plant Lady's family (mom, sister, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew-a real family vacation.
We found a new, very nice cabin rental while we were there and are hoping to get our reservation in before the cabin is snatched up!
See you later,
Plant Lady
P.S. I turned 43 on Sunday, do you stop counting at 43?
Post a Comment