Wonderful I get a day off. I normally work 4 days of 10 hrs, but lately I have been working an extra day. Those are my Fridays. Now I don't always have to work all day long, sometimes its 6 hrs sometimes its 11hrs. But going to work for even a little on your day off can get to you after a while. So today I have the day off. I started planning my day off on Wednesday when I realized I wouldn't have to come in if I didn't want to. So what do I want to do? And as always I plan about six days events in one, so travel with me as I think and - relax - on my day.
Well lets see, we will be out of town next weekend so I guess I should dust and scrub the bathrooms, God I'm so thankful that I have this nice house to clean. (I remembered to be grateful) And after cleaning our 2 1/2 baths, I think to myself hummm, I'm kinda hungry oh I think I'll have a bowl of soup and some crackers. That was good, now lets see - you know it's been a while since I vacuumed the stairs, then I'll do a quick dust mop of the hardwood floor. Oh the Phone ah .... well that was sure nice of my Sister to call, we have been playing phone tag all week. Glad she reminded me of my other Bible study I need to go over that memory verse again. Oh yeah maybe I should put away those magazines I left on the dinning room table. You know if I do that load of dishes now I can empty the old left overs so I can wash those bowls too. Wow it's amazing how fast those fridge shelves get dirty, probably should wipe those down. Ya that looks better. Ok things look pretty good now I think I'll do some reading or sewing... Wow 5 1/2 hrs where has today gone.
Yup that's me - my husband just shakes his head and says "You just don't know how to relax do you?" My common answer is "I relax better if I don't have things hanging over my head."
So now that my chores are at a livable level for me (because I can always find something else that could be done) I am going to go .... relax and sew.
Blessing my friends
Lynn
P.S. I have two blogs please visit both of them often I post on each one back and forth. Some are stories some encouragement, leave a comment and say Hi I'd love to hear from you and get to know you.
2 comments:
Lynn,
Hi! Did you ever find enough time to get to that sewing? Looking back at your quilt has inspired me to try to make one, maybe a lap quilt or table runner! I did a table runner this past Fall out of burlap and took yarn and embroidered around the edges these words to the song "Great is the Lord." "Great is the Lord, He is Holy and Just, By His Power We Trust in His Love." I entered it in our county fair and it won second place. I was so excited!
Well, I better get ready for church! Talk to you soon. I'll probably post tonight, as I did not get a chance yesterday.
Love,
Plant Lady
Plant Lady,
Yes I did get to play a little. I am doing some cutting out for the next quilt. I know finish what you start 1st. I'm glad I was an inspirtation to you, your table runner sounds really neat. I have been learning applique and thought it would be really neat if I could find a neat stained glass picture of Jesus, and design an applique to make it into a wall hanging.
So many things I love to do and so little time.
I am enjoying your stories so much, I was raised in a small town and the county fair was the big yearly event. A couple of years ago we went to visit my Sister when the fair was going and went. It was so fun and brought back so many memories.
Sounds like a nice place where you live.
You sound like you're feeling better. I'm glad. Have a great day I'll look for your post later.
Love,
Lynn
Post a Comment