Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tator Tot Caserole

Well as you see a lot of my meals are ones that I can do quick. We are on the go so much that if we are going to have a home cooked meal I have to get it done in 20 minutes or less. We joke about I'm the new Rachel Ray. Ha ha ha. Well this is a recipe that I got from my sister and I actually give it out more than I make it but I do love it.

1 lb or so of Ground Beef - can use Turkey if you like
1 med to small bag of Tator Tots
1-2 cans of any cream soup or chili
1 Cup of grated cheese - Cheddar, Co-Jack, Monterrey Jack your choice
Salt, Pepper, Garlic, to taste

While you are browning your Ground meat, put the tator tots in the oven to slightly cook them (they don't have to be done). Once the meat is done, mix in the soup or chili add a little milk or water to make a gravy consistency.
Next take the tator tots out of the oven and line the bottom of an oven safe dish one layer high with them. Pour the meat mixture on top and then layer another layer of tator tots on the top. Put it back in the oven and bake 15-20 mins until the tator tots on top are done.
Take out spread the grated cheese on top, put back in oven until cheese melts.

Take out and dish up ... and enjoy.

Be Blessed
Lynn

Check my other blog too!

1 comment:

Paula V said...

I have a similar receipe like this but can't find it nor remember what it is like. Quite frankly all I can remember is it has tator tots (larger bag) and cheese. I think it's more of a potatoe side dish. I also have one for hash browns, sour cream, cheese, and I had chicken to make it a meal instead of side dish.

Thanks for the post and encouraging comment on my blog.
Paula