Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Love and Honor

Hello my Friends,

Hope you all had a nice weekend, I did. My Husband and I were at a marriage retreat. The weather was great first sunshine we have had in a long time and we were able to walk on the beach. In our free time we took a tour at a creamery and saw how they make cheese and had a very delicious ice cream cone.

Our Pastors taught on things to improve marriages and things to do for each other. We both beamed knowing that we were already doing most of these things. Oh yes we did learn a lot and can delight in the knowledge that we can make our relationship even better. God is the God of increase and so we expect our marriage and our lives together to grow every day.

We took personality tests, not to use our personality as a crutch for how we may act, but to use as tool to understand our similarities and differences. It was fun and informative. Our Pastors taught the men to hold their wives up, nurture them and protect them. Understand what all they have on their plates.

1 Peter 3:7
Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. (Weaker is not a put down, it was meant as physical)

Romans 5:5
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.


As women it is our responsibility to act Godly not only to make our marriage better but to set an example for those around us.

Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children.


Ephesians 5:

Wives and Husbands -
21Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. 22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."[c] 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

We had a lot of really good teaching it was a nice time of refreshing and realignment.

My Husband & I connected up with some other couples and got to know them better so that was really nice too.

Tomorrow will be back to work, and as much as I may not want to, I'm thankful for my job, I'm happy that it helps me to be able to take these little trips.

Spending time with my two best friends. God and my hubby.

Be Blessed
Lynn

3 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,
I'm glad you and your husband had a great time at the retreat. It is wonderful to be able to connect with and learn from the words of the "One" who instituted marriage!

Thanks for your visit to my blog tonight. I haven't posted this weekend, I've been lazy. This post on Friday was about the "little things" that mean so much! My husband is good about reminding me of his love with such things. The animal crackers were a gift on our second anniversary back in September, 2001.

As I was writing about that I began to think of how much God loves me and about the gifts He gives me...love, joy, peace, comfort, etc. It is funny how you start writing about one thing and end up with another! That is God's plan, I guess. He is worthy of all honor and praise!

Well, I hope to talk to you later!

Love,
Plant Lady

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Plant Lady,
Thanks for stopping by, yes I know what you mean I start and go on to other things. My husband and I were married in 1997 so were in the same time frames. I understand the animal crackers, it's because it comes from the heart.
Talk to you later,
Love,
Lynn

Paula V said...

Lynn,
Thanks for sharing on Rachel's blog and thanks for the big hugs and love to me. I don't feel "awesome" but thanks for the compliment and encouragement. You have endured a lot from what you shared and God is definitely blessing you.
In His Grasp,
Paula