Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I've got to have it now!

When our 15 year old Granddaughter was about 4 years old, my husband I were doing some Christmas shopping and ran into our Oldest Daughter and Son-in-law and our 4 year old Granddaughter. Our Daughter was thrilled "Hey can you wheel her around for a while so we can pick out her gifts." Oh sure we would love to. Well actually I got the priveledge and it is an event we still talk about today.

As I am walking around the store trying to avoid the toy isles, I am hearing the pleas of my darling Granddaughter. Grandma I want a .... Grandma I want a ....... Which to every request I would answer Now honey you have to be patient Christmas will be here soon and you might just get that. All the sudden she lifts up her head stars straight into my eyes and very frankly states "Nobody believes me I've got to have it NOOWW! I lost it I laughed so hard. (She did not think it was funny) But now she does. :)

I often reflect on this as a fond memory - but also I know that God looks at us like I looked at her.
Honey just be patient, have faith that you'll be taken care of. You have been given the fruit of the spirit:

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Be Blessed,
Lynn

1 comment:

Paula V said...

Lynn,
I had a little time to kill and was cruizing some blogs of the ladies from Rachel's study. I read your last post and that is so funny when your granddaughter said no one believes her. Sounds like she comes up with some older than her age thoughts just like my five-year old niece. My seven-year old is similar in that while in ANY store, she probably says I want that to 30 things. We joke and say her middle name she be "i want that".

Hey, I have a blog and would love for you to visit. I feel very good about it and and my postings. I'm excited to write more.

Hope you're having a great weekend at your retreat.
Love In Him,
Paula