Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fruit Salad and a prayer!

Springtime is here and though the weather very much resembles winter.....rain, rain, rain, I am dreaming of Vacation. We typically take vacations in late summer early fall, because we go to Arizona and it's very warm there. However that also means Swimsuits and Shorts - Yikes!
Funny (or not) how quickly a few pounds find you in the winter. So with that in mind, I am thinking a lite Fruit Salad will be a good choice for breakfast to replace those more loved fried potatoes.

I've been wanting to post some recipes so, as I get back to some healthier eating for my body, I'll share with you.

Fresh Fruit Salad with Topper

Cut up equal portions of 3 to 4 different fruits. I usually use fresh Pineapple, Strawberries, banana's and grapes. Sometimes to make it look more festive I add a little toasted shredded coconut .


For the Topper - Use 1 1/2 parts of Pina Colada yogurt (any brand) to 1 part of Whipped Topping. After mixing chill for a little while it will thicken.

You can mix together with the fruit, use as a dip or just on top. Only put the topping on as you use the fruit or it will separate and looks bad.

I have used different fruits at times, you can put melon, apple, anything you want. If you are going to use a fruit that browns add a little lemon juice, to the fruit and mix up to coat it all. I haven't tried other flavors but as I'm typing this it makes me think I should try it. If you try some variations let me know how they work out.

I love food and I love to cook, and in a busy world it is all too easy to grab a hamburger and fries. But because I am not a little girl running around the playground anymore, and tend to spend a lot of my free time sitting at the computer or at my sewing machine, I find the food stays with me much longer than I would like. It's like an unwanted squatter that takes up residence and you have to go through a real battle to get it out.

I know I will need to work to get these extra pounds off, but I also know that I have an awesome God that will lead and guide me the whole way.

Romans 8:37
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

John 15:7
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

Phil 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Father God, I thank you for your gentle reminders that I am your child, that my body is not my own, but the temple of the Holy Spirit. I ask you to be with me and give me strength to exercise and move my body to keep it limber and agile. I thank you that you will give me self control to eat in moderation so that I may enjoy foods but not let them rule me. I thank you that I will put them back in their proper spot of nourishing me and giving me life instead of living for them. I know as I commit this area of my life to you, You will be faithful and just to see me through.
In Jesus precious name,
Amen


Be Blessed all,
Lynn

I've posted Pt 2 of Bryant Mountain on my other Blog so check it out. Also I will add more stories of Bryant Mountain and the country.

4 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,
AliceE's blogspot is: fromtheheartae.blogspot.com

Plant Lady

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,
Now that I've had time to read both of your blogs, I can now comment. The fruit salad sounds delicious! I need to lose about 50 pounds, as that's how much I've gained since I've been married (9 years in September). Yikes!

Your story about Bryant Mountain was suspense-filled. I can only imagine how terrifying it must have been. No wonder you never made it to Smith Reservoir. What would happen next?! It is good to see how God protects and looks out for us. I'm sure if we really knew how much danger we face each day, we would surely thank God for His protection! I'm glad he walks with us, aren't you?

Talk to you later!

Plant Lady

Paula V said...

Hey Lynn,
Haven't seen you on my blog lately so I thought I'd stop in. I too do a great fruit salad but yours sounds yummy also. My "dressing" is a little different. 2 cups of orange juice and lg box of sugar-free vanilla pudding.

Be blessed,
Paula

SKY4KAT said...

Lynn,
Love the title. I need to lose ~20 pounds and keep thinking about it, as I eat.
I love the prayer and am going to cut and paste it and print it.
thanks for the comments on my blog. Doesn't the enemy like for us to think that we are alone and uses that isolation to further shame and condemn us.
Keep those recipes coming. I appreciate it.
Katrina in Colorado