Do you ever have those times when you are really struggling in an area that you still meditate on it daily but quit actually praying about it? And then because God knows it is so important to you He gives you the answer.
I have this one person that I really struggle with my love walk with. I have been praying and talking with God and my Husband and my Pastor for years.... about wanting to be obedient to God and walk in Love but it wasn't working. (At least that I can see) I would try to walk in love and then it was like this person would slap me in the face & run over me in a mack truck. This person deals with insecurity (I think) because they boss everyone around and treat them subservient. They talk to you like you are 4yrs old. eerrrrgggg!!! Can you tell that pushes my buttons.
71/2 years of refining fires later I think I got the message. Wow sometimes it just takes that 2 X 4 up side the head to get it through.
I don't have to have warm fuzzy's about this person, or FEEL the love - I just need to keep holding them up in prayer and SHUT UP. Now I have heard this 100 times but finally it rang a bell and I got it. No slow reflexes here. :) Love is not a feeling it is a choice.
Then you know it's real hard for me to listen to someone talk about this person and say what they do and have done - which is true - and keep my mouth shut. I even had a post-it note on my computer KMS (Keep Mouth Shut) :)
You know there's something about the tongue being like the rudder on a ship and guiding your whole body... whoops! :) (James 3:3-5)
See in the natural this person xxxxx xxxxx xxxx and xxxxxxx then claims to be a Christian. But hey... That is between God and that person. See I'm getting better. :)
Well I'm doing better with it I have seen the person a couple times in the last couple of days, prayed for them, helped them carry a box. It's looking up. So I guess this whole blog is about wondering ... do you struggle?
Do you quit praying but still meditate?
And does God always come through? That one better be a yes! :)
Have a blessed night!
Lynn
PS - Another Just wondering? Should I keep this blog for my regular posts and just use the other one "Growing in His Love" for my Bible Study Posts (or vice versus) or should I randomly keep posting on both blogs? Let me know what you think!
Loves,
Lynn
6 comments:
Hi, Lynn!
I enjoy reading your post and I enjoy this one the most. I scan over the other one but I read this one more often.
And about this post. I'm sure we all have at least one person in our life that we struggle with. But you are so right, about love being a choice. We are commanded to love one another and we can show love and do the right thing but our feelings may be far from what we would like to feel. Because sometimes it is differences in personality. We feel a kindred spirit to some people and others we do not.
You mentioned a post note that you had on your computer KMS. I had the following on my frig for a long time.
"I did it again, Lord
I guess I'm in a rut
I missed another opportunity
To keep my big mouth shut."
When I was young I had a pretty sharp tongue but just as you said you were doing better,so did I. That is part of the Christian maturity. He changes us little by little day by day as He is forming us into His image. And you will find, I believe, that to love the unlovable gets easier with the passing years.
.
Lynn,
I have a person just like the one you described. I don't know why, but some people just DO NOT want to get along with others! This person feels their opinion is the ONLY valid opinion and lets you know. If they ever have anything go against their way, you better watch out-you're on their "hit list."
Loving them definately has to be a CHOICE because there are NO "warm fuzzies" there. They just won't let you love them! I have prayed again and again over this. I've even go to the person to ask why?
Finally, it came to me to stay away - have minimal dealings with them. It was as if God said to me, "Nothing you can do or say can change this person, Let Me handle it." Since that time, I have had minimal dealings with them, (spoke when passed in hall, waved at them when passing,etc.)- just not engaged them in any deep conversations. I must admit our relationship has been more cordial since I have done this. This person actually will speak first now.
I read a book that talked about relationships. One chapter talked about those people who were just "Toxic." It's description fits this person exactly! It said that for those types of people, you just avoid. (I think to keep yourself from becoming "toxic" right back!)
God gave me this answer before I read this book. The book was just a confirmation to me.
Great post and yes, I have struggles with this too!
Love,
Plant Lady
Hi Lynn-
Great Post! I can keep my mouth shut more often then not...it is those ugly thoughts in my head(about those who are difficult) that I find difficult...come to think of it when my mind is full of these thoughts-these thoughts start flowing out of my mouth.
Have a blessed week.
Debrah
Yes, I struggle. I just prayed in my Bible study book last night to help me react better to some co-workers.
I don't see how you keep up with two blogs. I've never "caught on" to one blog being just about one subject or done in a certain manner. I guess I'm scatter brained.
Yes, I think that would be a good think to keep this one like is and then have the Growing in His love as the Bible study.
But, hey, they are your blogs. Do as you choose. I have them set on my blog so I know when you post either way. That's a relief from having to check every blog every day.
Love,
Paula
You should keep posting on both of your blogs and visiting us with your encouraging words. You always say just the right thing that helps me know that what I'm doing is right.
I worked with a lady that sounds very similar to your person. It was awful. Sometimes I could talk with her but other times she would just put me down or if we had to share differnt hours for the other girl to have some time off she always put herself first and never realized ... well your right she was a very vain and selfish person, but I loved her anyway. She was finally moved out of our office and I just had a talk with her that I would not be the middle person between her and others. I would do anything she ask. She could never learn the computer. She had tunnel vision and I would have to draw her a picture or write down exactly what she should do. I've often wondered if I should contact her now that both of us are retired. It's very tiring to deal with a person like that. I finally just put her in God's hands.
Thanks again for your encouragement.
AliceE.
blog is fantastic!! I will visit it again!!
Kim
Post a Comment