Living for the Master

In this blog I share lessons I've learned and experiences I have had with God. I hope they encourage and bless you! Lynn

Monday, April 21, 2008

Lentil Soup

Ok this is really easy and good. I like a lot of vegetables raw, but I'm not real good at eating cooked ones, soups are one way I can get a variety of vegetable and actually like them. :)

Vegetarian Lentil Soup

Bag of green lentils
Vegetable Stock
2-3 large Celery Stocks w/ leaves
Small to Med Yellow onion
Salt, Pepper and Garlic to taste.

Rinse lentils, put in large sauce pan, put enough vegetable stock and or water to cover (may need to add while cooking) Chop Onion & Celery fine or course your preference. Set the Celery leaves aside. Cook until lentils are very soft, can mash part of the lentils to make a little thicker if desired or puree if wanted. When serving sprinkle a few of the celery leaves on top. I don't know why but it is really good that way.

Now for Meat lovers
You can use Ham base instead of Vegetable stock and add ham or bacon to the soup while cooking. Do the rest as above.

This can be served with a Salad, Garlic Toast, Brushetta and Sun Dried Tomato Salsa ... Guess I need to give you that one too some time, any way your choice.

Hope you enjoy!

Be Blessed,
Lynn

1 comment:

From the Heart said...

Thank you for including my daughter in your prayers. I prayed for God to send my youngest daughter a Godly man and He did. She had a lot of problems growing up and after her 2 children were born. It's a long story but with God's help the battle has been won. I'm believe the same for my oldest daughter. She's had plenty of chances but she just would not settle for someone whose faith was not as strong or stronger than hers. I pray for both of them and my 2 grandchildren all the time. We can't stop when victory comes because the enemy is still seeking who he can devour. I just refuse to let him have either one of my girls.
AliceE.