Lately the Lord has been dealing with my husband and I about how we use words. So let me just say up front that when the Lord deals with you about something everything is magnified to you. And have you noticed that when you are trying to correct an area in your life or improve an area, how the Devil creates all these wonderful opportunities for you to fail. I heard a teaching that words are containers of power. They can create negative power or positive power. They reflect and create the atmosphere around you. God created the heavens and the earth with words. The words we use call in our future, our children’s future. “Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks” paraphrased Luke 6:32. Matthew 12:37 states that By you words you are justified and by your words you will be condemned, (or judged) . God has also shown me as I over came insecurity that when I spoke out loud that I couldn’t do this (which I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me Phil 4:13) or I wasn’t pretty, or smart, my spirit was hearing what I was saying. So if Faith comes by hearing… what are you hearing come out of your mouth. I’m ugly, I’m fat, I’m stupid, I’m sick….. No! I’m smart, I’m pretty, I’m the healed of the Lord, and I’m getting skinny J.
We are the righteous of the Lord. He chose us. We need to watch our words, “Call those things that are not as though they were” just make sure you’re calling what you want not what you don’t. My family is Saved, My job is Blessed, My health is good. My cup runs over.
Be Blessed everyone. I’m sure I could go on but I will stop for now.
Lynn
4 comments:
Lynn,
Thanks for this post today. Words do matter, because for the last two days I have been saying to myself, "I feel awful". I have come down with a virus and I am really sick, but I think if I would stop reminding myself of it, I might feel better than I do.
I'll give it a try! Remember me in your prayers. Thanks.
Plant Lady
Wow, very well spoken and spoken right into my heart. I tend to be a pesimist by nature (although I don't readily admit to it). I won't others to see the best of me. But how I continue to struggle daily with all the lies as you were mentioning (not good enough, I'll never change...on an o the CD plays. But as you so gracefully show, calling upon scripture to speak to the lies and replacing the lie for the true word of God is just what Jesus did. Thanks for you words and by the way I would add to the title The Power of Gods words-My words. Thanks Lynn
Katrina
Katrina,
Good suggestion, so I did. Thanks for visiting come by anytime and leave a note.
Lynn
Lynn, thank you for you words and prayers. A friend from the church did tells us that we were still welcome at the small group she leads.
the book of the bible we read this evening spoke to the issues we are going through...God's Word spoke for us -We didn't need to say a thing.
The book we read this evening was scheduled in advance...before we found ourselves in these circumstances. The prayer at the end of the study was different thant the opening prayer...the closing prayer reflected that God's word spoke to our circumstances based on what we just read...
Be Blessed
Debrah
Post a Comment